2023/24 Amadou Onana

Calling this out for the homophobic crap it is. Shame on you.

All I'm saying is Barkley is having a brilliant season and we'd be so much better if we had him.

In this forum we all love a bit of bumming...

@Groucho @GrandOldTeam fancy a bum?

But can we please get on track with Onana...a man who many would love to bum.

Doucoure is and will forever be far more effective than Barkley in this Dyche team.

Perhaps use the Doucoure thread to discuss Barkley? Or dont!

Were in the Onana thread (of course) and the comparison with an attacking midfielder (Barkley) is akin to comparing Paul Scholes with Roy Keane. Somewhat bizarre.

Any player who causes a club to lose £15mil in transfer fees is an absolute rat.

I could not see a world where Onana would do the same to us.

One is highly educated, grounded and sees the value of loyalty. The other is Ross 'The Rat' Barkley.

The cornerstone of Everton football club is the fans. Those same fans he basically stuck two fingers up to.

When i think of him now, its not the footballer, its the bloke who got sparked out in a club and who was partying all night in London before a game.

Lets get back to Onana ;)

Do you think the injury that initially prevented Barkley’s move to Chelsea was a fabrication? My understanding is that he actually underwent surgery for said injury.

Do you think the injury that initially prevented Barkley’s move to Chelsea was a fabrication? My understanding is that he actually underwent surgery for said injury.
People expect way way to much loyalty from players and most fans are complete hypocritics. Barkley is completely entitled to do whatever is best for him financially or from a career perspective. He was generally professional when he was here, kept himself in very good shape and gave 100% every week on the pitch. Fans expect completely unconditional loyalty from players but they would immediately ditch them if they lost form or had a bad injury or if we signed a better player. It's a completely immature perspective. It's like banning your girlfriend from having male friends while you are out slagging it around on the town every weekend.

Would you like to bum him?

Go there for a weekend. Have fun. Enjoy yourself. Bring the mrs & kids.

Seeing as your the 'Captain Opposite' of the forum, I'm certain you would have an amazing time.

Im sure hed rather live around Liverpool or Manchester than Luton.

Imagine...Luton.

All I'm saying is Barkley is having a brilliant season and we'd be so much better if we had him.

In this forum we all love a bit of bumming...

@Groucho @GrandOldTeam fancy a bum?

But can we please get on track with Onana...a man who many would love to bum.

Doucoure is and will forever be far more effective than Barkley in this Dyche team.

Perhaps use the Doucoure thread to discuss Barkley? Or dont!
Yes let’s all have a bum.

But yeah, probably best to stay on topic here and keep bumming to the ale house.

Barkley is wildly renowned in the footballing world for having no football brain whatsoever
The fans think that, the players certainly don’t, ask his former teammates, he couldn’t be that type of player with no footballing brain. He probably has no common sense in the real world however.
Theo Walcott was a player with no actual footballing brain.

People expect way way to much loyalty from players and most fans are complete hypocritics. Barkley is completely entitled to do whatever is best for him financially or from a career perspective. He was generally professional when he was here, kept himself in very good shape and gave 100% every week on the pitch. Fans expect completely unconditional loyalty from players but they would immediately ditch them if they lost form or had a bad injury or if we signed a better player. It's a completely immature perspective. It's like banning your girlfriend from having male friends while you are out slagging it around on the town every weekend.

I completely agree. Chelsea were under no obligation to buy, and Barkley was never in a position to force Chelsea into anything. The idea that Ross ‘thick as two short planks’ Barkley was the mastermind behind fabricating an injury that actually required surgery seems rather ridiculous to me.

I’ve also seen and heard the narratives that often arise when a good player decides to leave Everton on too many occasions. Gary Speed was given absolute dogs abuse for… moving to Newcastle, but people don’t like to be reminded of that.

The game had changed a bit when he came on as we were down 0-1, but he constantly demanded the ball which is great to see.
If I earned as much as him I would expect that I demanded the ball at the very minimum. I'm not criticising him per se..far from it..I just expect it as a basic

Agree we would dont have any players who play the same as doucoure in that role. Would be a player i would look at us to get on a free next season . I would like to keep onana next season but think he will be sold

The fans think that, the players certainly don’t, ask his former teammates, he couldn’t be that type of player with no footballing brain. He probably has no common sense in the real world however.
Theo Walcott was a player with no actual footballing brain.

No mate , there was a widespread opinion that Barkley had talent . He could do things that you cannot coach, the trouble was he couldn’t learn or improve the things that you are supposed to be able too.

Can’t remember exactly but there were a lot of people and journos saying he couldn’t follow basic tactics.

I remember one got in trouble because he said when you are talking to Barkley it’s like staring into the eyes or a gorilla at the zoo as nothing was registering.

Turns out that Barkley is part Nigerian and it was blown out of proportion and turned into some rascist slur. There was a big thing about it.