2023/24 Amadou Onana

I thought he didn't care about Everton and is selfish?
I think people just read into face expressions way too much
I remember so many people saying Richarlison hated being here because he always had a face on but it’s so obvious he loved his time here, Onana has a face like that too

Most important thing is whenever I see him on those behind the scenes he seems like a great kid, always taking extra time to stop and talk to fans, especially young fans

Something appeared yesterday saying he hit the 7th fastest speed in the league this season and wasnt far off Gordon and Van De Ven etc.

Previously Garner also was very high on speed stats so, perhaps surprisingly we have a pair of very quick midfielders.

I think people just read into face expressions way too much
I remember so many people saying Richarlison hated being here because he always had a face on but it’s so obvious he loved his time here, Onana has a face like that too

Most important thing is whenever I see him on those behind the scenes he seems like a great kid, always taking extra time to stop and talk to fans, especially young fans
Is it called resting bitch face!?

With Doucoure out we need our supposed best players to perform. Calvert Lewin and Beto were shocking but our star midfielder getting out performed by Barkley? Not good enough.
Mad, isn't it?

Turns out Barkley is actually a decent player when not put under immense pressure to be the sole source of creativity for half a city.

Fans like you ruined him.

Mad, isn't it?

Turns out Barkley is actually a decent player when not put under immense pressure to be the sole source of creativity for half a city.

Barkley was under appreciated by our fan base and was a very good player for us. I just want Onana to play to his potential and to put in some 8/10 displays rather than regular 6/10 type performances. Key players performing is important during relegation battles.

Mad, isn't it?

I think you’ll find the person who drove him out was actually @davek and isn’t it weird how Ross will go the World Cup with one of the worst teams in the league and Dave is sucking his thumb in anger somewhere in silence.

Mad, isn't it?

Mate he’s played for about 30 different managers over 12 years and this is the first time he’s started to perform consistently.
Looks like the penny finally dropped for him that he actually has to work hard and focus to be a decent player … only took him to get to the age of 30 to realise

Barkley was under appreciated by our fan base and was a very good player for us. I just want Onana to play to his potential and to put in some 8/10 displays rather than regular 6/10 type performances. Key players performing is important during relegation battles.
Aside from the odd goal Barkley would throw in for us, in all other parts of football, Onana is already miles better than Barkley was when he played for us

Wild take.

Don't get me wrong, I like Onana a lot, but wow, what a hot take this is.
Barkley merely showed flashes of potential and scored some wonder goals. He was by no means a finished article.

He was an abysmal footballer with no football IQ and an absolute liability doing anything other than attacking

Glad to see that now, he is putting it all together. But it's taken him almost a decade to learn how to become a professional box to box midfielder

Barkley merely showed flashes of potential and scored some wonder goals. He was by no means a finished article.

He was an abysmal footballer with no football IQ and an absolute liability doing anything other than attacking

Glad to see that now, he is putting it all together. But it's taken him almost a decade to learn how to become a professional box to box midfielder
Attacking midfielder in scoring more goals than defensive midfielder shocker.