2023/24 Amadou Onana

Not having Onana going for 60mil if Caicedo goes for 110mil
Some of Caicedo's performances this season would have people here doing somersaults if he were our player

Somersaults as hes been poor?

Fair enough but Onana wouldn’t be making the England side either, a non playing Phillips would get in ahead of him more on Southgate than anyone else tho.

You should do stand up.

We have to consider the way we currently play, our midfielders dont really get much of the ball to creatve too much, or dictate our tempo.

Dyche system just uses them as runners / blockers and to hold shape.

I would say he is wasted in this system and we could get a much less gifted player and would not see too much of a drop off.

Some of his Belgium games he looks a completely different players, and I would expect him to be unreal in a team that lets is midfielders get on the ball.
Add his size, and pace into it too and you have a player that ticks every single box, he could go right ot the top, easily.

Fans wont see past what they see on the pitch, and thats fine - but their is a much much bigger picture, and Onana is linked with everyone of the big boys.
100%. But as we evolve he may be the fulcrum.

So you think he said he had a chance to move to Chelsea twelve months ago, that’s six months after he came here when he was doing next to nothing in games? I think that would be very surprising Zat!
"Next to nothing" lol

I’m not knocking garner who is a good player and done well for us, but there’s no doubt Onana will go to another level, club and international wise, let’s wait and see
100%

He's usually spot on with the Belgians, broke Onana to Everton first.

:( Hopefully £100mil

12% over the fee we paid for him goes to his former club ......
20% of profit
£80mil = £70.6mil
£90mil = £78.6mil
£100mil = £86.6mil

Maybe it's all about opinions. But I trust the arsenal and barca scouts over those in here that don't rate him.
Same people that prob rated Tom davis.

Onana will go on to play champions league regularly for a top club. That should end any discussion whether he is good enough for us.

Its plain as day. Bewildering others cant see it.

This is going to be a nice going away gift for moshiri. 100% straight into his pockets as he drifts off never to be heard from again as we take on even shadier owners who will leverage us to the max.

Said within a handful of appearances that this lad would play for an elite club and win the games biggest titles.

I think we've actually hindered him as a club really - had him exposed with Lampard, and all over the shop to plug holes with Dyche.

Lash him in a settled team, a number 6 in a Man City, Arsenal, Barcelona and he'd look top quality.

Like all clubs we have some fans who just snarl at players - the knives were out for Fellaini, Lukaku etc.

"What does he actually do" the lad was signed at 21, lashed into the Prem in a basket case of a team and he's more than held his own.

Considering his age, contract, our league position, it being the January transfer window, the sell on % etc, the Premier League endorsement - we should be at least doubling our money. It will be a real test for Thelwell - since Moshiri, and prior him we were atrocious at selling players. It's an important part of the game.

Maybe it's all about opinions. But I trust the arsenal and barca scouts over those in here that don't rate him.

Onana will go on to play champions league regularly for a top club. That should end any discussion whether he is good enough for us.
Was that not the whole reasoning for such a big outlay on him at the time? To move him on for a profit as it was obvious he was set for these sort of things?

Said within a handful of appearances that this lad would play for an elite club and win the games biggest titles.

I think we've actually hindered him as a club really - had him exposed with Lampard, and all over the shop to plug holes with Dyche.

Lash him in a settled team, a number 6 in a Man City, Arsenal, Barcelona and he'd look top quality.

Like all clubs we have some fans who just snarl at players - the knives were out for Fellaini, Lukaku etc.

"What does he actually do" the lad was signed at 21, lashed into the Prem in a basket case of a team and he's more than held his own.

Considering his age, contract, our league position, it being the January transfer window, the sell on % etc, the Premier League endorsement - we should be at least doubling our money. It will be a real test for Thelwell - since Moshiri, and prior him we were atrocious at selling players. It's an important part of the game.
Think he's been one of our best players under Dyche

M
It’s all well and good until we realise we’d be replacing him with josh brownhill 😳
i suppose the problem is how we spend it, Thelwell has done quite well considering his hands have been tied, I’d imagine he’d target under 25yr olds in spending real money on them, will dyche want different players? I’d hate us to waste what money we can spend on big, strong hard working players, with limited talent

I think it’s fair to say that he has a high ceiling as he has all the attributes to become a top player BUT he’s been a very mediocre player for Everton.

Thinking back to Gueyes and Onana’s posts on Instagram before Gueye went to afcon they did seem like a farewell/going to miss you style to them :/

Onana has already done a Lukaku by speaking about leaving Everton while on international duty.
A double your money return would be hard to refuse and Thelwell has done well so far in the transfer market.
But, we absolutely cannot sell until a replacement or two are lined up.
This may explain our chase for the young Man Utd midfielder.

Or it’s just click bait nonsense ?

I think we need to get minimum £70 or £80 million. If we can keep him until Gana gets back from the ANC that will help. I'd be tempted to try and get a loanee in for the rest of the season to replace him, maybe an out of favour midfielder from a big club, as long as Dyche could trust their attitude.