2023/24 Amadou Onana

If we sell him it will be because we need plug a financial gap. It will allow us to do a couple of cheaper deals/loans but no one should expect a name to drop in should Onana go.

If thats the case there would be plenty of others to sell first.

Exactly.
Sell for 60-70 (which gives us 50-something net). Spend maybe 15-20 of that. The rest goes towards balancing the books.

Ideally, we need to be repeating this over the next few years (buying prospects, developing them and selling them for profit). We are not close to being able to keep our top talent - either matching the ambitions of players, or balancing the books.

What is the goal of selling him far below his market value?

We aren’t getting anywhere near £100 million mate. That’s just the truth.

In a world where we see the likes of United, Chelsea and Arsenal spend fortunes and Newcastle with their oil money...

...im not sure why we would sell for less. In the summer his value will rise further when teams see him for Belgium.

You missed off Antony Gordon, another winger who apparently can play as a midfield 2. Can’t wait to see grealish next to Henderson at the World Cup. Garner hasn’t a cap and I’m not sure Jones has. But me mentioning dedoncker is a bad example 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I forgot about Doku? Anityer winger/wide striker that im sure could do a job as a holding midfielder.

Most of the ones you’ve mentioned are very attack minded players, I’m taking about holding midfielders you lunatic. I’m sure a Belgium could pick out players With a few caps like you have. Lavia has 1 cap and I’m sure There’s plenty of others
This how you always debate?

I picked players that can and have played CM, therefore not Gordon

So we are in disagreement then? You think Belgium has greater depth than England, and I think the opposite
Fair enough, you completely sane and measured person

Any money we receive from this sale will be to just keep the lights on at Goodison, if you think otherwise you don't know this club.

The thing with me and football now I am at a point were i am trying to walk away from it, it has been a massive part of my life, but with the way Moshiri/Kenwright have left us in such a mess, these 777 clowns who are just venkys in disguise will finish this club off, VAR and yhe sky 6 really had enough.

Supporting Everton really does do you in at times.

Spot on post,exactly where I’m at with Everton / football in general

What is the goal of selling him far below his market value?
The market dictates his market value.
Of course, if we need to sell a player to keep us from constantly getting P&S hits, then we should aim to maximise the money we get in - but this can only be done in two ways.
1. we can only sell players that other teams want to buy
2. we can only sell them for as much as other teams will pay

Would we prefer to not to have to sell him at all? Yes
If we do sell him, would we rather sell him for £60m or £90m? Well, £90m of course.
What price are we likely to achieve? the market will decide.

In a world where we see the likes of United, Chelsea and Arsenal spend fortunes and Newcastle with their oil money...

...im not sure why we would sell for less. In the summer his value will rise further when teams see him for Belgium.
The problem is the big teams may have fortunes but they are all bouncing off the FFP limit to be able to spend it. So selling clubs may have to temper expectations when it comes to prices.

He has a lot of strengths but also some technical weaknesses and his G/A output, while not the main focus of his game, probably isn’t enough to put him close to that Declan Rice type 100m bracket.

For me 50m is light but 65-70 might be about right. He’s a very strong prospect but with enough question marks to maybe not quite be an elite one.

Somersaults as hes been poor?

You should do stand up.

100%. But as we evolve he may be the fulcrum.

"Next to nothing" lol

100%

:( Hopefully £100mil

20% of profit
£80mil = £70.6mil
£90mil = £78.6mil
£100mil = £86.6mil

Its plain as day. Bewildering others cant see it.
Yes next to nothing and that’s not counting the few games he taken off and substituted.

The market dictates his market value.
Of course, if we need to sell a player to keep us from constantly getting P&S hits, then we should aim to maximise the money we get in - but this can only be done in two ways.
1. we can only sell players that other teams want to buy
2. we can only sell them for as much as other teams will pay

Would we prefer to not to have to sell him at all? Yes
If we do sell him, would we rather sell him for £60m or £90m? Well, £90m of course.
What price are we likely to achieve? the market will decide.

‘Market value’ is whatever random figure Zat plucks out rather than what actual clubs bid apparently.

If thats the case there would be plenty of others to sell first.

Like who? The only ones that could get us 60+m net would be Onana, Pickford and Branthwaite. Which one would you sell at a push? Definitely need Branthwaite to stay in my book for at least another couple of seasons.

FWIW I don't want to sell anyone, but if it's a case of needs must, you have to go with the one where the deal is there to be made. I personally wouldn't sell for anything under 85m and if we do (and the lower it goes) will be an indicator of how much trouble we are in.

Like who? The only ones that could get us 60+m net would be Onana, Pickford and Branthwaite. Which one would you sell at a push? Definitely need Branthwaite to stay in my book for at least another couple of seasons.

FWIW I don't want to sell anyone, but if it's a case of needs must, you have to go with the one where the deal is there to be made. I personally wouldn't sell for anything under 85m and if we do (and the lower it goes) will be an indicator of how much trouble we are in.
I'm sorry but he's not worth more than 80m currently, even 80m is a stretch.

The problem is the big teams may have fortunes but they are all bouncing off the FFP limit to be able to spend it. So selling clubs may have to temper expectations when it comes to prices.

He has a lot of strengths but also some technical weaknesses and his G/A output, while not the main focus of his game, probably isn’t enough to put him close to that Declan Rice type 100m bracket.

For me 50m is light but 65-70 might be about right. He’s a very strong prospect but with enough question marks to maybe not quite be an elite one.

‘Market value’ is whatever random figure Zat plucks out rather than what actual clubs bid apparently.

Well if Rice + Caicedo are £115mil and the summer quotes in the media stated the club will be using the Caicedo fee as a benchmark for Onana.

Id take that as the market value. Otherwise if you use £50mil Lavia at the bottom end he'd still be around £100mil as hes closer to the two expensive players.

Id sell Pickford in a flash + move for James Trafford as replacement.

I'm sorry but he's not worth more than 80m currently, even 80m is a stretch.

Maybe so, that's why I want a value that I couldn't turn down. He's definitely at least a 65m player with a high celling, so 75m might be around market value. Then I'd want 10 more for being Jan and if we don't have to sell.

If we have to sell and clubs can smell the blood then we are going to struggle to get anything toward the top end.