2023/24 Amadou Onana

Obviously no foul given, as he had to go down like he was murdered to get a pen

1703352603194.png

He had to fall over to get that pen via VAR ....
And that's the issue I have with var...its inconsistent. If gomes was a fault, then that's a penalty. Only reason why onana is not going to ground is that he knows he is very unlikely to get a penalty so try to get the ball somehow instead.

Anonymous largely today. Crazy he’s so big but didn’t put in any big tackles or use his size a bit. Passing could also have been better. (Yes I know he was booked early and no I don’t want him crucified and yes I think he’s a good player). Could also do with shooting practice
He can't take a penalty so no wonder he cant shoot from distance. He was OK to be fair today but that undeserved early yellow card massively impacted his game.

Doesn’t dominate enough. Lack of experience maybe but his build and ability he should be steppping up more now.
He is a young player making his way in the game, he is playing in a highly pressured situation given the 10 point deduction and he has just made a terrible mistake in a penalty shootout, give the lad a break. He has stepped up and he will do so in the future I just hope it is for us and not for a better club.

Anonymous largely today. Crazy he’s so big but didn’t put in any big tackles or use his size a bit. Passing could also have been better. (Yes I know he was booked early and no I don’t want him crucified and yes I think he’s a good player). Could also do with shooting practice
It's not as though Spurs dominated the middle of the park.

He will be considered 1 of our rare success stories, a player we make a profit on, at the very least.

Do t be so sure mate , we have to give 25% of the sale fee to the old club ..

Not the profit , 25% of the fee. If we sold him for 40m we would still lose 2m

He is a young player making his way in the game, he is playing in a highly pressured situation given the 10 point deduction and he has just made a terrible mistake in a penalty shootout, give the lad a break. He has stepped up and he will do so in the future I just hope it is for us and not for a better club.
I am giving him a break by mentioning it maybe due to lack of experience. This is his 2nd season though so should be stepping up IMO.
He’s an international player you know. Not a youth player just breaking through.
But I have cut him slack for the reasons you mentioned

Do t be so sure mate , we have to give 25% of the sale fee to the old club ..

Not the profit , 25% of the fee. If we sold him for 40m we would still lose 2m
Most if not all sell on clauses are regarding the profit on the deal.

"Everton’s initial offer was rejected but it has been claimed that they improved on the bid by offering €36m plus €4m and 20 per cent of the profits if they sell him in the future."