2023/24 Amadou Onana

I would like like to like Onana but having watched him swanning around, playing five yard sideways and backward passes, pulling out of tackles and generally going missing for long parts of the game I can honestly say he was our worst player today. Not something our wonderfully astute manager would agree with as he left him on for the whole game.
If somebody bids at least £40m then we should cash in immediately.

Fed up of the cheerleading when he should be concentrating on his own performance. The lad literally has all the tools, just can't consistently put it together. Also think he's receiving dreadful coaching.

Thought he did alright first half but after that barely noticed he was on the pitch. And that's always my biggest problem with him because too often games just pass him by.

I can cope with the misplaced passes but it's when he's barely noticeable on the pitch that really kills us. Second half was a real eye opener for people who think him and Garner should be our regular midfield pair.

I would like like to like Onana but having watched him swanning around, playing five yard sideways and backward passes, pulling out of tackles and generally going missing for long parts of the game I can honestly say he was our worst player today. Not something our wonderfully astute manager would agree with as he left him on for the whole game.
If somebody bids at least £40m then we should cash in immediately.

So, you didnt watch the game.

Thought he did alright first half but after that barely noticed he was on the pitch. And that's always my biggest problem with him because too often games just pass him by.

I can cope with the misplaced passes but it's when he's barely noticeable on the pitch that really kills us. Second half was a real eye opener for people who think him and Garner should be our regular midfield pair.

Quite difficult for Onana / Garner to get on the ball when our defenders were hitting 40/50 yard punts, crosses and passes constantly in the 2nd half.

The only time they saw the ball was when recycling it and facing a mass of players ahead of them in the 2nd half.

He was better than alright first half.

If we continued to play on the deck then im confident we would have continued to create chances and both would have dominated the middle.

Simply put, if you had Zidane + Gascoigne in the middle and then punted, passed, crossed 40-50 yards every time away from them...what would you expect them to do?

Fed up of the cheerleading when he should be concentrating on his own performance. The lad literally has all the tools, just can't consistently put it together. Also think he's receiving dreadful coaching.

This is where I land on him. A progressive coach at the right club is going to turn this lad into a star. Perhaps a bit more confidence in his own ability is needed as well. he could have ran that game yesterday, but something was preventing him.

This is where I land on him. A progressive coach at the right club is going to turn this lad into a star. Perhaps a bit more confidence in his own ability is needed as well. he could have ran that game yesterday, but something was preventing him.

At the start of the game he was looking very, very good. Until the tactical masterplan became to bypass the centre midfield.

You have Onana and Garner so surely you play them in the middle and put most of the play on the deck through them?

I think Patterson, Onana and Garner are all being misused by Dyche -- 3 young players who could be long term players for us if we improved and theyre developed correctly.

Even Branthwaite who is getting all the plaudits clearly isnt being coached on set pieces as the whole defensive unit looks a shambles.

4 young players who we need to maximise their potential -- not doing so under this management.

Similar feelings to Dannyboy on Onana. Looks like he has all the tools and ability but for me doesn’t impose himself enough on the game. Cheerleading is great if it looks like you give all on the pitch, but not so good if you don’t. For someone of his size, I expect him to dominate in the air but he rarely offers a goalscoring threat from set pieces. If he shows a bit more more fight and tenacity, he could be top class.

At the time, he looked as if he had s' out of heading the ball for their second goal, but looking back it seems as if he simply missed it.
I thought it was a half hearted attempt to reach the ball, he could have done more to at least put the scorer off his shot, but then that’s the whole story of Onana ‘ he could have done more ‘ in nearly every game he has played for Everton!