2023/24 Amadou Onana

If I was to give an honest opinion of him I think the PL is too fast for him, the game just seems to bypass him and he struggles to know when to get involved at times.

I think it's the system more than anything. He really doesn't thrive in backs-to-the-wall football and that's what our game plan is. He'd benefit from playing in a team that wasn't so compact and made to play 70% of a game without the ball.

I think it's the system more than anything. He really doesn't thrive in backs-to-the-wall football and that's what our game plan is. He'd benefit from playing in a team that wasn't so compact and made to play 70% of a game without the ball.
Don't even get me started on it, I hate the way we play there is just no need for it.

What happened to the player that came on at Villa a year ago. Driving forward into the box with the ball, long strides going past players like they weren’t there.

Remember Rodwell scoring a great goal v Man Utd by running into the box with the ball and getting a shot away - used to infuriate me because he had that in his locker but never tried it again, just went more and more into his shell until there was nothing left.

Onana is heading the same way at the minute.

What happened to the player that came on at Villa a year ago. Driving forward into the box with the ball, long strides going past players like they weren’t there.

Remember Rodwell scoring a great goal v Man Utd by running into the box with the ball and getting a shot away - used to infuriate me because he had that in his locker but never tried it again, just went more and more into his shell until there was nothing left.

I mean he was class just a week ago?

Belgian Tom Davies ATM

If I was to give an honest opinion of him I think the PL is too fast for him, the game just seems to bypass him and he struggles to know when to get involved at times.
I actually think a move to Man U would suit him, them and us at the moment. Their midfield looks physically weak and Casemiro might be past his peak. He would look better with better players around him as less would be expected of him creatively, just win the ball and get it to Fernandes, Eriksen, Mount etc. And in the immediate term we could upgrade multiple positions with the money (and possibly McTominay).

I actually think a move to Man U would suit him, them and us at the moment. Their midfield looks physically weak and Casemiro might be past his peak. He would look better with better players around him as less would be expected of him creatively, just win the ball and get it to Fernandes, Eriksen, Mount etc. And in the immediate term we could upgrade multiple positions with the money (and possibly McTominay).
He goes down as much as Richarlison does though also Man Utd look to have as many on pitch issues as we do, I think ten Hags systems is too demanding for some of those players and they look a bit of a mess. Wolves in that first game ran them close and O'Neil had only spent 5 days on the training ground with them.

All he needs to do is work hard, close people down and move the ball about
If he is not willing to do that, he is no good to us, plus shows a real arrogance about him and a flaw in his character

My personal view is he thinks he is better than us, and should be playing his football at a bigger club
Correct - his attitude at Villa yesterday was appalling. I don't mind arrogance in a player who has the flair and ambition to take players on and drive a team forward, but to hide in a game as he did yesterday is just not acceptable.

Correct - his attitude at Villa yesterday was appalling. I don't mind arrogance in a player who has the flair and ambition to take players on and drive a team forward, but to hide in a game as he did yesterday is just not acceptable.
He was hiding toot he 2nd half last week. All the potential in the world . Attitude again with these type of players