2023/24 Amadou Onana

We have loads of bang average central midfielders, but no money. Onana has a high ceiling in footballing terms, but we could easily replace his (generally extremely poor) performances with current players in the squad and use money from his sale to fill in the huge gaps in the squad. It's the only thing that makes sense that might keep us up. Garner+Gueye is not worse than Onana+Gueye, for example. This season is all about staying up, but with no new signings we will not stay up. Got to get Onana out and use the money on 3 new players: LB, ST, WG.

He has the physical attributes and ability to absolutely dominate the middle of the pitch. He just doesn’t know how to do it at the moment. If someone did offer £50 million+ in the next week or so I’d be very tempted. I have no doubt he has the potential to go on to be a world class player, we are just not in the luxurious position of being able to give him the time to learn. We need someone who can make an impact throughout the game, every week, not just in 5 minute spells.

how often do you see discrimination occur against the majority ? I guess you think BLM shouldn’t exist ? Chat GPT scrapes data on the internet. Depending on you questioning it is biased.

but back to Onana. A 19 year old lad playing in a foreign country, with a team on its knees and devoid of confidence. they are scared stiff and that’s down to the coaches. Even Lampard said he inherited a team with a losing mentality. A good coach will change that. Racist social media posts won’t

He’s 22, not 19, and he’s been playing in this country for a year now. He hasn’t been good enough, he’s part of the issue.

I honestly don't get the hype.

i think he's had one good game since he joined?

He never seems to have a positive impact on a game either.

This. I want someone like him to be dominating midfields, even against the absolute worst midfields in the league he seems like a complete passenger. Honestly if he left tomorrow we would not miss his contributions whatsoever, which is very poor for a £30m supposed superstar in waiting.

He was poor yesterday but so was every single other player on the pitch barring maybe Danjuma.

He's got so much going for him but just doesn't seem to be able to grab a game by the horns. I'm not sure playing him alongside Gana and Doucoure is going to get the best out of him either.

This. I want someone like him to be dominating midfields, even against the absolute worst midfields in the league he seems like a complete passenger. Honestly if he left tomorrow we would not miss his contributions whatsoever, which is very poor for a £30m supposed superstar in waiting.
I genuinely have seen nothing from him to justify his fee or the hype.

Yes an occasional long pass or a run but really that's about it.

I'd cash in an use the money to bring in much needed replacements in defence and up front.

He was poor yesterday but so was every single other player on the pitch barring maybe Danjuma.

He's got so much going for him but just doesn't seem to be able to grab a game by the horns. I'm not sure playing him alongside Gana and Doucoure is going to get the best out of him either.
If I was to give an honest opinion of him I think the PL is too fast for him, the game just seems to bypass him and he struggles to know when to get involved at times.