2023/24 Amadou Onana

£40m plus Smith Rowe

Its so weird. Villa offered £40mil for him a while back, then an injury and since Arteta has not used him.

Their fans like him i think but Arteta doesnt seem to rate him.

On paper he'd make a great signing for us.

But id take £50mil and ESR.

Its so weird. Villa offered £40mil for him a while back, then an injury and since Arteta has not used him.

Their fans like him i think but Arteta doesnt seem to rate him.

On paper he'd make a great signing for us.

But id take £50mil and ESR.
And he wouldnt want to come here.

He started 3 league games this season and 0 last season.

I reckon he would be all over a move and we may even get a years loan with an option to buy.
I think he’s a very good player, but yes it would take a lot to get him here, also im
Not sure dyche would want him. Don’t think the top 6 wouldn’t want him and if say a Chelsea bought him, he’d be in the same boat, being stuck on the bench, Villa’s
Targets may have changed due to champions league. Newcastle could be the one, after that we’d probably be the next choice.

But ultimately he’d be for a different manager, no point getting players like ESR or Barkley and booting it over their heads

He started 3 league games this season and 0 last season.

I reckon he would be all over a move and we may even get a years loan with an option to buy.
Players like him think they are stars and should be at a club suited to their talents. For players like him Everton are not an attractive proposition. From the bits ive read of your posts Dyche doesnt know how to use Onana effectively and likes to bypass the midfield thats why Onana is crap (or in your opinion poorly/wrongly used) so why would that be an attractive proposition for Smith Rowe?

Players like him think they are stars and should be at a club suited to their talents. For players like him Everton are not an attractive proposition. From the bits ive read of your posts Dyche doesnt know how to use Onana effectively and likes to bypass the midfield thats why Onana is crap (or in your opinion poorly/wrongly used) so why would that be an attractive proposition for Smith Rowe?

Onana is a defensive midfielder.

ESR is an attacking midfielder who can play left or central.

We could play him in McNeils position and move McNeil inside to replace Doucoure.

Nothing changes the setup...but with Onana hes not used as a DM anchor. Which is why he should be sold for a high fee.