2023/24 Amadou Onana

I take it you don't remember the Pickford......................development 18 months?

I'd rather stick with the experienced England no.1 goalie thanks!
Can't be bothered waiting another 3 years to develop a keeper
IF Everton sold Pickford for 40m tomorrow, how much do people think Burnley would ask for Trafford?

Cant see it being that far away from 40m, personally.

Well if Rice + Caicedo are £115mil and the summer quotes in the media stated the club will be using the Caicedo fee as a benchmark for Onana.

Id take that as the market value. Otherwise if you use £50mil Lavia at the bottom end he'd still be around £100mil as hes closer to the two expensive players.
I suppose when you look at rice and what they paid for partey and Havertz, it seems they ain’t worried about spending big, so hopefully we can get top dollar, what we really need is another club in the mix

Maybe so, that's why I want a value that I couldn't turn down. He's definitely at least a 65m player with a high celling, so 75m might be around market value. Then I'd want 10 more for being Jan and if we don't have to sell.

If we have to sell and clubs can smell the blood then we are going to struggle to get anything toward the top end.
Bold of you to assume we don't have to sell.

On the other hand, doubling our money on a player in 18 months is exactly what we need to do as a club.

We really are goosed and we really do need a sight more than 777 cowboys to sort it.

Thats not even up for debate.

We have debts of 1.1billion and they seem to be increasing weekly.
Sad times all round, must be the stadium killing us? More crap to come you feel, especially with 777.

Think I’ll just jack it in, so bored of lurching from one Everton disaster to the next, what’s the point if we’re just leaking money.

Prob why the PL want us down so badly and not their problem anymore.

Sad times all round, must be the stadium killing us? More crap to come you feel, especially with 777.

Think I’ll just jack it in, so bored of lurching from one Everton disaster to the next, what’s the point if we’re just leaking money.

Prob why the PL want us down so badly and not their problem anymore.
Just like the incoming Labour government, these 777 fellas dont have a magic wand and its going to take a while for us to escape this mess.

I recall Arsenal getting in a mess just after they built their stadium, it took them a few years to recover from that and they didnt have anywhere close to the amount of debt we have.

There is no easy fix to this mess, not with these owners, if our owners had F U money, maybe, but they dont.

Glad some of you lot aren’t deciding the price….. How come it’s difficult to get decent money in Jan for us, but other teams make hay?!

No club should be looking to sell one of their better players anytime, let alone January.

If we have to sell now just to keep the lights on, then we really are goosed, and will need a damn sight more than the 777 cowboys to sort it.
It's clear that we are still in huge trouble financially so we're likely to have to sell if the offer is there and our situation isn't exactly a secret so we're not in a good bargaining position. I'd like to say we shouldn't sell Onana or if we do we should hold out for £100m but it just isn't going to happen with things as they are.