2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be very ignorant to call everyone from Northern Ireland British.

"It is the birthright of all the people of Northern Ireland to identify themselves and be accepted as Irish or British, or both, as they may so choose, and accordingly [the two governments] confirm that their right to hold both British and Irish citizenship is accepted by both Governments"

You've just described people choosing their pronouns but from a nation state perspective.

Also I didn't think I had to put the salient point I was making in bold to emphasis my point as you have but let me re-iterate:

don’t take it seriously

You've just described people choosing their pronouns but from a nation state perspective.

Also I didn't think I had to put the salient point I was making in bold to emphasis my point as you have but let me re-iterate:

don’t take it seriously

If they hold an Irish passport, they're legally Irish not British. By your logic everyone over here chooses their nations state pronouns as British.

Just pointing out why you shouldn't automatically label people from Northern Ireland as British.

If they hold an Irish passport, they're legally Irish not British. By your logic everyone over here chooses their nations state pronouns as British.

Just pointing out why you shouldn't automatically label people from Northern Ireland as British.

Didn’t know holding a passport limits you to decide what nation state you’re from. I have a U.K., Swiss and French passport, so does that mean I can choose my nation state pronoun?

But I say I’m Scottish so even without my French and Swiss side I’m still picking from British or Scottish.

Also surely by choosing what passport you have (on the proviso you have to say you’re from where you passport is and that you don’t hold both passports) you de facto choose your pronoun when you pick your passport.

Right?

Didn’t know holding a passport limits you to decide what nation state you’re from. I have a U.K., Swiss and French passport, so does that mean I can choose my nation state pronoun?

But I say I’m Scottish so even without my French and Swiss side I’m still picking from British or Scottish.

Also surely by choosing what passport you have (on the proviso you have to say you’re from where you passport is and that you don’t hold both passports) you de facto choose your pronoun when you pick your passport.

Right?
off topic maybe ?

onana will be a good buy I think. just get him settled in and boom!

Right?

Reading into it a bit much mate. Point stands, you cannot label everyone from Northern Ireland as British as that’s factually incorrect.

Yes and Ireland is still part of the British isles, last time I looked at a map it wasn't detached, it's just not part of the UK. If Scotland ever gets independence it will still be British geographically. Anyway, Onana was born in Senegal and looks a very good player to me.

Ireland is not British mate ,

Wtf? He literally moves and plays like a cross between Vieira and Toure, what’s his skin colour got to do with it? I suppose it’s lazy to say Gueye is similar to Kante as well?
Better make sure not to compare Patterson to young Coleman because they’re both white and British, I suppose that’s racist?
Bang on

Status
Not open for further replies.