2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gana and Doucoure have their merits but with a Garner and Onana midfield we need to add an attacking playmaker.

Try looking at statistics once in a while

I can see us experimenting with Onana and Garner more as we aren’t threatened by relegation to start the season. I just think we tried to grind the season out and Dyche got it done so he may be more willing to rotate (as he should anyways).

Yet another overhyped media player. What did he do in the run in? All i see is a big athletic fella who runs round doing very little. Any silly bids this summer and im saying yes.

Why would I look at nonsense spreadsheets when I can watch football matches? They’re from January anyway.

Caicedo is better than Onana.
They're useful predictive tools. They also have their limitations. The American math nerd stuff is essential when it comes to FFP. It's not optional at a club level when it comes to player evaluations, but the eye test also matters. Some players elevate the level of their compatriots more than others, and advanced stats have a hard time picking that one up.

This is why Americans are infiltrating your DoF positions, and is also why they make some obvious mistakes. Remember when the RS flushed a bunch of money on players in the first FSG year by overrating a bunch of penalty takers' scoring capabilities, forgetting that they can't all take penalties? If it hadn't been for hitting the Suarez lottery and using the proceeds well, they might be down in the mire with us.

29 games + 4sub appearances say otherwise.

You just said he cant tackle...is it clown day on your calendar?

Stats wise he is amongst the top 6 in the league (Jorginho, Rice, Caicedo, Casemiro, Partey) and compares favourably.

Not a fan of Caicedo who he is superior to stats wise then.

If the media are putting price tags of £60-70mil on him and Brighton are rejecting £70mil for Caicedo then I would suggest an acceptable bid for cash rich Newcastle, insane fee Chelsea or an Arsenal team seeking an Onana type....should be £75mil.

He'll go up a gear next season. For me hes going to be a global name.

There is ZERO logic to sell him this summer even if his value stays the same. In fact simply by holding onto him another season we cover his wages (with any future similar level sale) with his book value dropping £6.6mil a year.
I fully look forward to watching a 75m pound player next season then.

KDB, thats the bracket I expect.

I don't see him going in the summer. He was up and down a little this year and I was disappointed that he didn't seem like he quite take that next step by the end of the year.

However, he is a truly exciting player, there were several matches where he showed his full ability and was the best player on the pitch. He just did not have the consistency. He showed a lot of flashes of being a threat on set pieces, driving the ball forward and even playing several good progressive through balls. With his athleticism, tackling ability and age profile he definitely has the ceiling of a CL type player.

Hopefully with a full season with Dyche and not being in the relegation battle he will have the leash to learn on the job some more. If we stick to a midfield 4 hopefully Onana will be able to outplay Gueye and solidify his spot next to Garner.

So...

Dyche uses him box to box.

Hes actually a DM

Goat wants to see him as an attacking midfielder.

lol
I dont mind where he plays, as long as he outperforms Michael Keane and Alex Iwobi.

ddfffff.jpg

There seemed to be few moans about him around me on Sun. I thought he did ok.

Can't think of many young players tearing it up in first PL season, playing for relegation threatened mess like us.

Very curious hashtags here from him. Didn't like the "last dance" thing he put out the other day either. I like the lad and think he'll be a top player but I think I've also said if Arsenal or someone came in to us for £60m+ as a Caicedo alternative I'd take it. Think we should be happy if we can make big profit and sell one big player every summer. Much prefer to sell him out instead of someone like Pickford for example.

Very curious hashtags here from him. Didn't like the "last dance" thing he put out the other day either. I like the lad and think he'll be a top player but I think I've also said if Arsenal or someone came in to us for £60m+ as a Caicedo alternative I'd take it. Think we should be happy if we can make big profit and sell one big player every summer. Much prefer to sell him out instead of someone like Pickford for example.

So he's off then.

Status
Not open for further replies.