2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be peak Clown shoes to play him instead of any of these :

Kevin De Bruyne (Man City), Youri Tielemans (Leicester), Axel Witsel (Atletico Madrid), Leander Dendoncker (Aston Villa), Yannick Carrasco (Atletico Madrid), Thorgan Hazard (Borussia Dortmund).

Who are all head and shoulders above him.

Witsel and Dendoncker are the only players there who'd play a similar role to Onana, neither of whom are head and shoulders above him imo.

Also it's likely that one of them 2 would be playing as a CB in a 3 so I think it's quite likely that Onana could get some decent game time tbh.

Was about to say the same as @zook

Was about to say the same as @zook
Witsel and Dendoncker are the only players there who'd play a similar role to Onana, neither of whom are head and shoulders above him imo.

Also it's likely that one of them 2 would be playing as a CB in a 3 so I think it's quite likely that Onana could get some decent game time tbh.

I was mostly having a pop at the clown manager.

Onana has and will play for Belgium.

I was mostly having a pop at the clown manager.

Onana has and will play for Belgium.

Theyve looked at and tried a few to replace Witsel (incl Dendoncker) and now it seems that Onana is who they have their hopes on.

Looks like he's got the tools but definitely seems more assured in the deep midfield role with the pitch in front of him. Further forwards the team lacks quality.

He needs to play just in front of the back 4.

He cannot play as a box to box yet.
Was just about to say this. He isn't composed enough with the ball, and our better performances this season have been when he was winning loads of tackles

Lampard seems to have him in this odd left sided position further forward (if there's even that much of a plan) and I'm not sure it suits him

As he showed at the start of the second half, he can carry the ball well from deep and he's hard to stop when he gets going.

He had his best game for us when he played in a double pivot with Gana. That's how he needs to be used.

For anyone saying "he offers nothing", I'm genuinely concerned about your eye sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.