2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana whilst not doing much wrong played in a position he totally bypassed.

Madison was the main difference yesterday , we've not one player anywhere near his ability.

Plus Harvey Barnes puts all of our wide men to shame.

Tielemans Maddison Barnes are leagues above anything we have. Could add Ndidi in there if he was fit. They’ve had a bad start and some problems in defence but Leicester are miles better than us.

Can’t say I’ve seen anything yet to suggest this guy is the answer to our midfield issues. Admittedly I didn’t see the Palace game, but from what I have seen I’m not sure what he is supposed to be. He seems slow on the ball and a few times has been caught napping in possession which has led to opposition breaks on goal. He doesn’t appear to be a goal threat typified by That 1 on 1 he had against Newcastle which nearly ended up in Gateshead plus for a 6’4’’ feller his heading ability seems wanting. He’s had about 4 headers on goal none of which have been on target.
Hopefully I’m wrong, but this seems another misjudgment of Frank’s in bringing him in for big bucks.
Everton is always buying potential for a world class fee.

Apparently Frank said he had to come off with an injury that happened at Fulham last week , so he must hsve been declared fit and started feeling the injury during the match?
I’m afraid he’s done nothing in most games he’s played to look anything like a player we paid a lot of money for, he’s just not worth a place in the team, at the moment,stress at the momen, he will definitely not be missed at the moment. he’s doing next to nothin.

Needs a break from first team football especially if he's carrying a knock. Lampard confirming he wasn't 100% goes some way to explaining the poor performance vs Leicester.

Tielemans Maddison Barnes are leagues above anything we have. Could add Ndidi in there if he was fit. They’ve had a bad start and some problems in defence but Leicester are miles better than us.

Onana and Garner havent even had half a season of premier league football while the 4 you mention are veterans in comparison.

Our two will show their worth next season.

Onana and Garner havent even had half a season of premier league football while the 4 you mention are veterans in comparison.

Our two will show their worth next season.

I like both of them (when Onana plays in the right position) but Tielemans especially could play for any team.

I just think Leicester are a misnomer, they won’t be down there this season, their midfield is far too good, no one should have expected us to go and boss the game against them.

I like both of them (when Onana plays in the right position) but Tielemans especially could play for any team.

I just think Leicester are a misnomer, they won’t be down there this season, their midfield is far too good, no one should have expected us to go and boss the game against them.

I was raving about Tielemans when he was still in Belgium. Ndidi was also a brilliant signing by Leicester and they both walk into all but one team in the league.

Easy to forget both Onana and Garner are 21 and playing with nothing ahead of them.

I really like the idea of having them as a double pivot and I think over the next 2 seasons we'll see players up front to complement them.

Leicesters midfield wouldnt look as good if they had a weak forward line.

The World Cup campaign will do well to keep his fitness up. He won't play many minutes I imagine for Belgium but will be training daily and will hopefully come back ready to play a big part in 2023 and our relegation fight.

The World Cup campaign will do well to keep his fitness up. He won't play many minutes I imagine for Belgium but will be training daily and will hopefully come back ready to play a big part in 2023 and our relegation fight.
How can he go the world cup, not fit enough for us he can't be fit enough for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.