2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I thought he wasn’t great in possession

He’s still settling in though and looks like he’ll have all the tools to be a top player. I just don’t want to see us use him like we did Fellaini at times, as a target man number 10 arriving into the box and winning flick ons.

I thought we’d bought him as a number 6 to sit in front of the defence, win it and give it simply. Maybe he’ll move there in time with a bit more experience but as an 8 I thought he could have done a lot more yesterday and I was hoping he’d come off earlier for Garner to give us more control in possession.

In general there was far too much conservative play in midfield, much too many backward passes and failing to drive forward into space or play forward passes first time. Hopefully this comes with greater confidence.
I think it’s hard to take him off because he wins the ball so much in the air, whereas gueye and iwobi don’t compete there. Won 6 aerial duels against wham according to whoscored, far more than any other player

He was a bit uninvolved at times but that's fine. I've full confidence in his talents from what he's shown so far.

I think it’s hard to take him off because he wins the ball so much in the air, whereas gueye and iwobi don’t compete there. Won 6 aerial duels against wham according to whoscored, far more than any other player
May have won 6 but in the opp box he went missing. 2 times there were good crosses to him in the box and he didn't even jump, flew straight over his head.

Still very young and playing in a league a level above what he's used to. He has a good head on his shoulders and excellent potential so chances are he will fulfil it to some degree with us

Bring him home now.

Actually crazy how we might have depth to handle a midfield injury now after starting the season without enough midfielders to field a team.

Insane, that's Onana and Mykolenko who have turned up for International duty carrying knocks. Why can't we do a liverpool and say they are not going they are injured ? We have already lost Patterson for what looks a lengthy period, for what is a meaningless competition.

Insane, that's Onana and Mykolenko who have turned up for International duty carrying knocks. Why can't we do a liverpool and say they are not going they are injured ? We have already lost Patterson for what looks a lengthy period, for what is a meaningless competition.
Its the rule they have to turn up (unless they came to you). so the International team can confirm your not telling fibs to get them out of international football

Status
Not open for further replies.