2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a breakdown on Onana on YouTube, I'll link it below but the guys were very happy with the signings Lampard is making. They said Onana is there to start the counter and Lampard is trying to sign players who are a threat at set pieces. They're very optimistic?!

Expecting Onana to execute the counter may be a little optimistic in the short term, but otherwise I think they're spot on. He's playing for the right manager, in terms of developing that skill. We now know what we are - Chelsea lite - and it's a proven system in this league.

If we average a goal a game and ship a goal a game on average, that results in +/- 50 points because of how points are awarded, which is plenty for a transition season like this one. Somebody does it every other season or so (it was Wolves and Brighton last season), with consistent results.

I know people don't want to hear it especially right now, but he'll be our manager if things go badly in the first half of the season....with that being said, with these reinforcements I believe Lampard is going to succeed and it won't happen anyway!

I think we're getting Onana at a really good time. With Belgium's aging squad, he should be a regular for them very soon alongside Tielemans, at which point his value could skyrocket.

I think and hope that even Bill won't go back to old managers any more. Roberto may be a lot better as a coach than he was when he left, but it never works the 2nd time around, and also if we're not doing well, then it means we never will under this ownership. They would have literally been through every profile of manager under Moshiri, and I would think it's time to give up. I also believe Lampard / Thelwell are the 'understated' and right combination we needed from the start under Moshiri - good, pragmatic , hard-working signings, good leaders, with the odd future and established star. I'm really encouraged this time that in Tarkowski, Coady and now according to Onana, we have leaders.

I think and hope that even Bill won't go back to old managers any more. Roberto may be a lot better as a coach than he was when he left, but it never works the 2nd time around, and also if we're not doing well, then it means we never will under this ownership. They would have literally been through every profile of manager under Moshiri, and I would think it's time to give up. I also believe Lampard / Thelwell are the 'understated' and right combination we needed from the start under Moshiri - good, pragmatic , hard-working signings, good leaders, with the odd future and established star. I'm really encouraged this time that in Tarkowski, Coady and now according to Onana, we have leaders.
Yea finally the right sort of signings. Low-ego, experienced and mentally tough players with young, hungry, potentials with a point to prove. Far better than so-called marquee signings on Hollywood money who look awesome on the back of a shirt and on billboards but then go missing on the rainy away days.

When the first time round was a success. Has it ever happened when a sacked manager was brought back? Could work the other way and be a great success.

I saw a breakdown on Onana on YouTube, I'll link it below but the guys were very happy with the signings Lampard is making. They said Onana is there to start the counter and Lampard is trying to sign players who are a threat at set pieces. They're very optimistic?!

He seems like he'll be a key asset the only aspect I find disconcerting is that they began the video by mentioning his passing is atrocious which is a major feature of our current midfield. Hopefully he can hone that aspect of his game but his other attributes seem to fit what we're in dire need of

He’s very raw and the dars will have to write him off for a period first before he proves them wrong and they never really accept it.
all it takes is a couple of Manny Fernandes maradonna turns in his first game and they will give him the rest of the season to be gash and will still think he is the messiah

Looks like between him, Gana and/or Camara we won't have as many issues with a soft belly in front of the defense.

Onana.png

Gana

Gana.png

Camara

Camara.png

Excited but waiting till we see him play. Nice to get a young promising player with the physical tools for success in the league though

Status
Not open for further replies.