2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's going to be fantastic but right now you'd rather have him in a season or two than this version because at times his naivety in the game is particularly costly and a more experienced player would be better. Problem is with clubs sniffing we needed to take the gamble.

Thought he was good yesterday. Defensively he worked hard, got tackles in, took some hits to ensure he got the ball.
Offensively he tried to drive forwards and find the space in behind with his passes but was also left floundering a few times by the lack of movement from the forward line, same as gueye did.

Something isn't clicking in the middle at the moment. All 3 are very hard working but we need someone to put a foot on the ball. I'd rotate a bit, Iwobi especially might be deserving of a rest now we have options in the middle. We just need an extra spark from somewhere and I would like to see James Garner.

When he works out his best position and role he’ll be a cracking CM. Physically he has everything but really needs to refine his technical ability.
Physically he looks great - you think of those big powerful runs driving into the box against Villa or Spurs, those were where he looked at his best for me. Not sure what 'role' you give him in the team (possibly some sort of free attacking midfield role?) but in the few times he's done it, no one looks like they can handle him charging directly at them. Looks out of place/wasted operating around the half way line unsure exactly of what to do IMO.

Having a good day, throwing some exhibition stuff in and now is getting kicked for his trouble. A little less fancy dan and a little more respect becasue hes a yard ahead and a foot taller than the rest of the entire midfield (including ours) today.
Gordon, Gray, Onana, Iwobi need to be running at Ayew every time from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.