Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think any striker signing will be a loan mate, and probably after the Chelsea game...
yep, I think we're putting all our eggs in the Broja basket. Chelsea don't want to sell, and whilst it's frustrating to spend a season developing someone else's talent - it is needs must at the moment and the same thing happened with Lukaku and in the end he stayed so you never know.
Gana, a loan striker and Tarks might not be long term but they'll see us through next season. Players like Onana on the other hand are building towards the future so maybe there is a plan?.... Jesus, that's two positive posts this morning. This needs to stop.

West Ham may be the better team right now but Everton are still a miles bigger club.

Way I see it there are 2 forces at play who like to talk Everton down:

1. The Kopite infested media

2. The anti Moshiri element of the fanbase.

Yes we were in a relegation scrap last season but every club outside the scab 6 finds themselves in one at some stage

Leicester were in one the season after they won the league

Villa nearly went down a 2nd time other than a dodgy goal line tech malfunction

Wolves were in one in Nuno's final season

Hipster clubs Crystal Palace and Brighton have both been in one in recent seasons

Saints, Newcastle (relegated) the list goes on.

West Ham may be the better team right now but Everton are still a miles bigger club.

Way I see it there are 2 forces at play who like to talk Everton down:

1. The Kopite infested media

2. The anti Moshiri element of the fanbase.

Yes we were in a relegation scrap last season but every club outside the scab 6 finds themselves in one at some stage

Leicester were in one the season after they won the league

Villa nearly went down a 2nd time other than a dodgy goal line tech malfunction

Wolves were in one in Nuno's final season

Hipster clubs Crystal Palace and Brighton have both been in one in recent seasons

Saints, Newcastle (relegated) the list goes on.

West Ham were doomed until Covid hit and give them a break.

No club/manager benefited more from Covid. Dead and buried, fans massively on their case at home.

God we're an awfully cynical lot these days aren't we? lol

It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that we can still afford fees of £30m+ for certain players if we really want them. Nor is it a stretch to suggest that a player may genuinely want to join us over another club in the division - it's not like West Ham are massive or anything ?‍♂️
Im thinking of similar player transfers, memories of Leroy Fer, Fernando & Momo Sissoko - none signed for Everton.
Kenwright lashing in one of his fake bids

Case in point lol

yep, I think we're putting all our eggs in the Broja basket. Chelsea don't want to sell, and whilst it's frustrating to spend a season developing someone else's talent - it is needs must at the moment and the same thing happened with Lukaku and in the end he stayed so you never know.
Gana, a loan striker and Tarks might not be long term but they'll see us through next season. Players like Onana on the other hand are building towards the future so maybe there is a plan?.... Jesus, that's two positive posts this morning. This needs to stop.

? I know what you mean, I actually posted before if we sign Gana and Onana it makes sense, and there feels like a plan.

I am the same as you I think all our eggs are in the Broja basket, we know it won't happen before the Chelsea game so are willing to bide our time till after.

hell of a lot of money to pay for an unproven 20-year-old. i'm getting kean vibes from this.

i'd rather we spent the money on a striker, which is surely the priority given that DCL is injured.
‘Unproven’ in what mate? The PL?

…this is getting serious, I’m on flight tracker;

5C116992-47DF-4248-B994-53A34417D829.jpeg

God we're an awfully cynical lot these days aren't we? lol

It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that we can still afford fees of £30m+ for certain players if we really want them. Nor is it a stretch to suggest that a player may genuinely want to join us over another club in the division - it's not like West Ham are massive or anything ?‍♂️
Also the 30 odd mil won’t be paid next week it will be 5-6 mil a year over the duration of his contract.

I'm hoping we can turn him into a 90mil player in two seasons, then find another and another. Exactly sort of deals we need to be doing in today's market.

Went to bed last night and this wasn't even whispered. Got to work this morning and fired up twitter and it's sounding like it's more or less done and dusted, with every reliable journalist jumping on.

Status
Not open for further replies.