Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a great player, fingers crossed we can get him in. My only concern is that a lot of those tackles are given as fouls in the Prem especially against the "big" teams.
Certainly looks a unit. No idea why these films feel the need to include a terrible backing track over the football though.

I would have thought it's as much about game time for the lad. He will have ambitions to play for better sides than either us or West Ham in future, and he needs to pay to fulfil that ambition.

It's Rice and Soucek versus our midfield. Not really much of a comparison. Still not convinced we get this deal done all the same. I don't see why it would be priority right now.

We’ve probably been working on it for a while, he was first linked at least a month ago. In an ideal world I still think Frank wants to play 433, rather than 523, so if Onana allows that, it will be a priority. The striker issue is separate but important, I’m sure the club are working on that as well

God we're an awfully cynical lot these days aren't we? lol

It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that we can still afford fees of £30m+ for certain players if we really want them. Nor is it a stretch to suggest that a player may genuinely want to join us over another club in the division - it's not like West Ham are massive or anything ?‍♂️

Im thinking of similar player transfers, memories of Leroy Fer, Fernando & Momo Sissoko - none signed for Everton.
Kenwright lashing in one of his fake bids

I'm fairly confident Lampard isn’t that stupid to not get a striker in to
It's not Lampard I'm concerned about. It's the clowns in charge. But what i like about Frank is he doesn't have a problem calling out the board and all the paper talk seems to suggest 2 midfielders and a striker were always on the list.
At the risk of sounding almost positive (it's been a while) If we bring in Gana and this lad, along with Tarks, and if Dele and McNeil can grabbed 10-15 between them then we should be ok.

hell of a lot of money to pay for an unproven 20-year-old. i'm getting kean vibes from this.

i'd rather we spent the money on a striker, which is surely the priority given that DCL is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.