Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think its too surprising, Onana deal gets done at a similar position and all of the sudden we have less of a pressing need for Gana. Not that he wouldnt be an improvement, but since PSG didnt already complete the deal on OUR terms(otherwise it would have been done a week ago), there was something about it we didnt prefer and now we can play hardball with that. It may be we now want the loan that we originally went for.
Maybe.

I'd still be 100% trying to get gana done though, as highly rated as Onana is we don't know how he will take to the league, we know without doubt the qualities that gana brings

Naitch ain’t on no ale.

He’s on the Onana, baby!

Wooooooooooooo!

3601740-p.jpg

Very popular round our way this.

I dont think its too surprising, Onana deal gets done at a similar position and all of the sudden we have less of a pressing need for Gana. Not that he wouldnt be an improvement, but since PSG didnt already complete the deal on OUR terms(otherwise it would have been done a week ago), there was something about it we didnt prefer and now we can play hardball with that. It may be we now want the loan that we originally went for.
Make sense to me, particularly if they feel the need to stretch the wallet to get that forward in. It seems logical that they're seeking to change one of the core elements of the deal originally out together, and have the upper hand with Onana in.

His contract expires in 12months so if its a loan it would take him until the expiry date.
Right, and obviously they would prefer a sale, but our leverage may be that he can just sit out the contract and they have to eat his wages, versus us paying them. I highly suspect we originally wanted him on loan, and they wanted the sale, and we gave them a maybe on the fee, with Onana changing our leverage.

Deulofeu wasn't a player?! McCarthy wasn't a player? Holgate + Cleverly are players Moyes would have snapped up in a heartbeat for the joint cost of £2M.

The feller had a budget that Koeman would have laughed at and stayed on holiday permanently for if offered it.

Bottom line for me: we played our very best football since the 80s in that first season. You know we did too.
If he only stayed one season, then your claim of him being our best manager since Kendall would be true. However he didn't so therefore he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.