Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wants to join us perhaps he knows we've got a history or we're offering more cash. I don't care to be honest never heard of the lad until we got linked with him but if he's loads better than what we've got then welcome Amadou.

….if all this is true, I suspect the deal was done a while ago, perhaps the delay is something to do with the injury (Moshiri said judge us at the end of the window).

Think maybe we had the deal effectively sorted with the player and we're just waiting for what the amount was Lille would sell at - them accepting west hams bid is our green light to just match it

Would be buzzing if we pull this off even though I don’t know who he is but Twitter said he’s amazing so that will do for me

If he wants to join us perhaps he knows we've got a history or we're offering more cash. I don't care to be honest never heard of the lad until we got linked with him but if he's loads better than what we've got then welcome Amadou.

From the same club and country as Gueye - plays the same kinda position, guessing that is a big factor too. Plays internationally for Belgium so the Lukaku link there too, he will definitely have heard positive things about playing for us

Here's the thing, we always undersell ourselves as a club in terms of how attractive we are to players.

A long established top flight club in the biggest league in the world.
A good history of producing top players for top international teams (the starting two strikers for the top 2 world ranked international sides both developed at us, Richy and Lukaku, England's best ever striker came through at us too I'm Rooney).
We pay wages pretty much at a very good level - only the top 6 realistically can/do pay more.
We have Lampard whose a big draw for players of this era.
Don't underestimate the effect for sone players that seeing those end of season games would have had and seeing the passionate support (for some that will be a draw)

Exactly, if you watched a game from the famed atmosphere of the London Stadium then watched our game against Palace then which of those would get your juices flowing?

From the same club and country as Gueye - plsus the same kinda position, guessing that is a big factor too. Plsus internationally for Belgium so the Lukaku link there too, he will definitely have heard positive things about playing for us
One dreadful season doesn’t push the likes of West Ham and Brighton in terms of players see them as a better proposition than us as some suggest on here!

Thinking about it more, it’s probably a leak from his agent to get WH to offer a better contract. Fingers crossed it isn’t and we’ve sold him the dream!
Nah he wouldn’t be leaking that he prefers to join a much worse team if that was the case, would start him off on a very bad foot at his new team

Guessing WH saw him as a Rice/Soucek backup and wanted to pay him like one, where as we see him someone to build the midfield round

Status
Not open for further replies.