Am I bitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1994, Wimbledon nuff sed. They were drooling over the thought of us going down.

I've thrown this back at them because they seem to have completely airbrushed it out of history! I remember the blue coffins they had ready for one of their famous marches through Stanley Park.

I told one of them that I wanted Everton to beat Man City but if losing meant that they wouldn't win the league then I wouldn't be too arsed. He said I should give him my ticket to the game because he'd be supporting Everton more than I would. They really don't get it.

I hate the phrase "bitter", because it implies that Evertonians are jealous or envious of them. I hate them lot, but I'm not bitter.

The majority of Liverpool fans are bitter, by that definition. They hate any team that wins the league or has success and they hate us (even if they don't admit it).

I've learned that it's best to just not bother talking about football with Liverpool fans if possible. It's often unavoidable though if a lot of your mates are reds.

The number of reds who have told me I'm bitter because I don't want them to win the league is really starting to get on my tits. I've tried to explain that I don't want them to win it because they're our local rivals and it's nothing to do with bitterness but they genuinely aren't having it.

Is it bitter though? Would they really be supporting us if the roles were reversed, like so many of them are claiming?
They'll call us bitter no matter what mate, it's ingrained into their make up now.

Quite funny when you mention Manchester United to them and watch the bitterness pour forth. And of course the hypocrisy is totally lost on them.

I personally hope they don't even win the coin toss at the start of their games, and if they think that's bitter I can happily live with it.

It's not bitter.

Wanting your team to lose like many of us do at the weekend so they don't win the league probably is though. But it's still natural and common. Football fans are bitter. Liverpool have thrown matches to stop United winning leagues.

no its not bitter.
i dont want them to win either for the following reasons ....
1. i dont think there team is that good. they would be the worst squad to ever win the prem imo.
2. i think suarez has played well , but has cheated refs time and time again and won many a point they shouldnt have.
3. skrtel has fouled again and again during corners and is constantly been allowed to get away with it. think of huth and shawcross at stoke under pulis , times it by 10 thats how much skrtel wrestles players.

i hate to think how many pens they have been given that they shouldnt have , how many pens there opponents should have been given and havent been , and how many points they have stolen due to these 2 facts.
Can't really say there squad isn't that good mate. 2 20+ goals a season strikers, plenty of options in midfield for competition like we need to have. Worst squad was utd last season.

its not bitter, its football!.....spurs don't want arsenal to win, arsenal don't want spurs to win....Newcastle/sunderland, Inter/ac Milan, and so on.....
every club, every country.....fans are they same, once you love your team, you come to hate your rival.....

It's not bitter.

Wanting your team to lose like many of us do at the weekend so they don't win the league probably is though. But it's still natural and common. Football fans are bitter. Liverpool have thrown matches to stop United winning leagues.

thing is mate wanting us to lose to city is not bitter, its a realistic analysis of the effect on everton that the rs winning the league will have, both commercially, in terms of added revenue generated and players attracted etc and on a personal level from seeing thew amount of media attention they will be given and grief given to any evertonian for years to come over winning the league. More like self interest IMO

I'd agree it would be bitter if we actually needed to win to finish 4th etc, but that ships sailed, so its their interest only for us to win, for us it resembles a pre season game effectively if spurs or united drop points prior (assuming a arsenal win tonight)

My opinion would change if Arsenal lost tonight almost certainly

The number of reds who have told me I'm bitter because I don't want them to win the league is really starting to get on my tits. I've tried to explain that I don't want them to win it because they're our local rivals and it's nothing to do with bitterness but they genuinely aren't having it.

Is it bitter though? Would they really be supporting us if the roles were reversed, like so many of them are claiming?
Not bitter at all, common sense.

God willing those dirty black and white bastards will continue winning the square root of nowt, but by god when the were coming close in the 90's I celebrated their defeats like we were winning.

I did go through a small spell thinking the way they have approached games and just gone for it has been refreshing and someone other than City, Utd or Chelsea winning the league would be good. But when it came down to it they way I leaped out my chair when Demba Ba scored yesterday told me all I needed to know.

Bitter - (of people or their feelings or behavior) angry, hurt, or resentful because of one's bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment.

Hmmm. Any reason to feel this way? Answers on a postcard.

Not bitter at all, common sense.

God willing those dirty black and white bastards will continue winning the square root of nowt, but by god when the were coming close in the 90's I celebrated their defeats like we were winning.

Mate i genuinely think you will have the last laugh with the horse punchers, you will stay up now, and next year they'll be the ones mired in a relegation battle, only with their legion of frenchmen they won't have a prayer of finding the balls to dig themselves out

I dont think it's bitter at all to not want them to win the league. As others have said they're our main rivals and 90% of them wouldn't want us to win the league either.

The bitterness for me isn't even taking the glaringly obvious positives out of a defeat on Saturday. That said we need to be VERY careful not to slip out of Europe in the next two games and I personally would never wish a defeat on my own team, but I get it kinda.

For me, the bitterness is not being able to acknowledge, even on here amonsgt your own fans, the good they have done here and pretending they are where they are through no good of their own. There is no refereeing conspiracy. There is no footballing illuminati hanging people off bridges with their pockets stuffed full of money to restore the red world order. There isn't even a group of media bosses sitting around trying to influence things because it would sell more papers.

What has happened is they have took advantage of a few changes of managers at the clubs at the very top and have played less games. Added to this they have one of the best players in the world, who freakishly NEVER gets injured despite his theatrics and a tactically shrewd manager who plays a brand of football that is actually quite refreshing in this era when possession seems to be king.

I think as long as we can acknowledge what they have done we have every right to want them to not win the league.

Shoot me down.

I did go through a small spell thinking the way they have approached games and just gone for it has been refreshing and someone other than City, Utd or Chelsea winning the league would be good. But when it came down to it they way I leaped out my chair when Demba Ba scored yesterday told me all I needed to know.

hahaha, you're not alone there mate, I screamed the house down, me and the missus were dancing around the living room laughing at the irony of the moment and Stevie Me La's grid lol

Bitter - (of people or their feelings or behavior) angry, hurt, or resentful because of one's bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment.

Hmmm. Any reason to feel this way? Answers on a postcard.

The bitter thing originated at the ban from Heysel and our subsequent drop from the top 5-6 going from memory, most would say that we were treated very unjustly so even their bitterness is the wrong word

However 'they parked 2 buses' 'we deserved to win only one team tried to play' and punching Chelsea fans because they spoiled their title procession is the very embodiment of bitterness

Status
Not open for further replies.