Alou Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Player Valuation: £30m
Everton boss David Moyes is making an ambitious £8million move for French international midfield star Alou Diarra - to bring him back to Merseyside.

Moyes has been told by chairman Bill Kenwright - in a weekend summit in the south of France - that he has decent money to bring in a top player or two in the summer.

And the Goodison chief has immediately put Bordeaux's highly-rated Diarra at the top of his hit list.

Diarra, 26, was with Liverpool as a teenager but never played in the first team. Moyes tried to sign him before he left and has been on his trail ever since.

The powerful player, now capped a dozen times by France, only joined Bordeaux from Lyon at the start of the season and has helped them finish second and make next season's Champions League.

Moyes has been scouting far and wide in recent months but was unsure of whether he was working on anAlist or a B list - the good news is that he can go for some top-class targets without having to sell.

Moyes' need for Diarra, who could run his midfield with his strength and passing, will be all the greater if Lee Carsley agrees to join Birmingham this week.

Carsley, whose family still live in the Midlands, has been offered a two-year deal by Alex McLeish rather than the one-season arrangement on the table at Goodison.

If Moyes can push through a deal for Diarra quickly then he can happily let Carsley go.​
Alou Diarra Article
Alou Diarra Wiki link

Think i remember a diarra at the r/s a long while ago!! he was [Poor language removed] thou.

Hope he's good, we need a powerfull cm who good on the ball!! but thats only the start.

Like the way it say were on shopping list A.

I know this might be going a bit offtrack but when does the transfer window open?

So does this mean that should we get Alou Diarra, Gera is a gonner? We he be the "List B" player?

I'm happy about this. Always rated Alou from the little I see of him for RC Lens. Tall, strong, covers the ground well and is decent on the ball. A better version of Sissoko in all honesty. He was at Liverpool for around 3 years but never played a competitive game. Atleast he knows the City.

Wenger's always been a fan of hid and Redknapp was looking to bring him to Portsmouth last season. Could be a good siginig if true.

I'm liking the links at the moment. Some quality players being banded about and shows what Moyes is looking to push us on. Hopefully we can get a few.

I'm happy about this. Always rated Alou from the little I see of him for RC Lens. Tall, strong, covers the ground well and is decent on the ball. A better version of Sissoko in all honesty. He was at Liverpool for around 3 years but never played a competitive game. Atleast he knows the City.

Wenger's always been a fan of hid and Redknapp was looking to bring him to Portsmouth last season. Could be a good siginig if true.

I'm liking the links at the moment. Some quality players being banded about and shows what Moyes is looking to push us on. Hopefully we can get a few.
Yes, I agree, we certainly do need the height in midfield!

Has everything gone cold with Lorik "the destroyer" Cana?

Bit skeptical of a ex-RS who didnt player for 3 years and is a bit better than the piss poor Sissoko. The Premier League is a different beast to the league he's playing in and might not hack it ala Sissoko.

Has everything gone cold with Lorik "the destroyer" Cana?

Bit skeptical of a ex-RS who didnt player for 3 years and is a bit better than the piss poor Sissoko. The Premier League is a different beast to the league he's playing in and might not hack it ala Sissoko.

I think Cana was always out of our League to be honest. He'd cost around 15 million and is going to a club that plays Champions League football.

I wouldn't call Sissoko piss poor. When he was fully fit and on his game he was a very effective Premier League player. Injuries and lack of oppurtunities finised him off. Diarra has Sissoko's energy and battling qualities but is also comfortable on the ball.

He's definatly a good player and alot better than Carsley. He will also be used to English football having spent three years in Liverpool.

maybe, he has pushed the deal through quickly since cars is a gonner

Status
Not open for further replies.