2022/23 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really mate for this financial year 22/23? we can’t pro rata from Sep - July, 10 months? Its why I wondered about the deal, I thought we may negotiated his book price, 7.13.
The amortization counts either way on this year's books. If we sell a player with a longer-term contract, it accelerates those costs.

It's why Lukaku is unsellable at the moment.

I loved Allan but just like James it kind of actually shows his level, Napoli, to Everton to now Walheinz beans or whatever. To me, it’s end up of career stuff where he himself knows, I can’t be bothered playing anymore and at least I will be in a hot country earning a fortune now. He could of gone to a fringe Spanish club like Betis or Sevilla etc but going to UAE has urghhhhh written all over it. I loved him, but he could only play 45 mins and used to give cheap free kicks away on the edge of the box in every single game. Thanks Allan, you where a cog in a great experiment, which failed….
Surely if it was just about money, he'd have stayed with us and done a Wayne Bridge.
As I'm sure we would pay more than his new club.

It is mad though why footballers go to the middle East and China. I'd rather get half the money and play in the Spanish second division as at least they have clubs with history, tradition and fans.

Surely if it was just about money, he'd have stayed with us and done a Wayne Bridge.
As I'm sure we would pay more than his new club.

It is mad though why footballers go to the middle East and China. I'd rather get half the money and play in the Spanish second division as at least they have clubs with history, tradition and fans.
You think he’s on less money? I doubt that.

Always a big fan of Allan, gave his all when he played and he impacted us positively, ultimately though I think the body wasn’t up to rigour of the PL and just could never string momentum together, natural time for everyone to move on.

Best of luck to him, be remembered well here.

This. Remember that first game at Spurs with him and Doucoure dominating and thought we were onto something very very good. Just never pushed on from there and bad luck with injuries. Professional attitude, always put in a shift even if he had his flaws. Good luck to him.

Wish him all the best, seemed a very good character and always gave a good effort. First season under Ancelotti he looked a cracking player.

In the end he was as big a victim of all the upheavel as anyone. Constantly put in midfielder in systems that didn't suit him and with partners who couldn't make up for his weaknesses. Probably came to the league a bit too late in his career.

Another big wage bill cleared off the books, Thelwell's done a good job so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.