2021/22 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play with a 2 in the middle, it'll have to be either Gbamin (if he comes good) or a new signing to partner Doucoure. Allan will be very useful in a 3 man midfield but he doesn't look like having the legs/positional discipline to play in a 2.
Let’s see how it Pans out it’s early days. If Gbamin comes good that will provide competition and more options in formations and a solid base, particularly away from home.

Seemed a little rusty, especially in the first half. Grew in to the game with some great tactical fouls and positioning on the cover. Good awareness to take the quick free-kick before Douc's goal (recognising the overload)
Worth noting than when he plays well he's invisible apart from the tackles/fouls and as it shows on here, has a thankless task.

Allan always tried to play the ball on the floor today, never hides and is a quality player
can't agree. he absolutely disappears when we have he ball, never ever shows. He clearly is or was top notch, I fear these days though he doesn't have the motivation to reach the top. bit like Carlo

….it’s a fair point, Joey, but I do think it’s lots to do with partnership and blend when it comes to defensive midfielders. I don’t know the answer to what our best blend is, Allan might not be in it but I wouldn’t write him off just yet.
Every time you call him Joey it makes me think of this
E1525797-F7D6-44E4-9212-7B4C4D0F0AE3.png

can't agree. he absolutely disappears when we have he ball, never ever shows. He clearly is or was top notch, I fear these days though he doesn't have the motivation to reach the top. bit like Carlo

A system plays a big part in that though.

Allan and Doucoure, neither are players we really want to be picking the ball up off the defence. They're players we want hassling and harrying, winning the second ball and being on the front foot.

I just think a three-man midfield is needed and that system can genuinely get the best out of all of our attacking players too.

Allan and Doucoure, neither are players we really want to be picking the ball up off the defence. They're players we want hassling and harrying, winning the second ball and being on the front foot.

I just think a three-man midfield is needed and that system can genuinely get the best out of all of our attacking players too.
Gomes been the link player?

I think eventually that will be the plan when Gbamin is available - 4231 when in possession and then 451 when out of possession with Doucoure dropping further back.

I think eventually that will be the plan when Gbamin is available - 4231 when in possession and then 451 when out of possession with Doucoure dropping further back.

Yep, and if James stays feel that's the best way to get good use out of him and have Townsend to rotate. Bring in a right-back and I think that also really means we could perhaps focus less on having to bring in another wide player and instead maybe look to bring in that ball carrier to give us another option.

But we'll see what happens.

Think he needs to be better to be honest. He’s tenacious, but I feel too often the game passes him by in spells and he needs to do better with the ball. Doucoure was a lot better than him yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.