2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always hate this train of thought. We were winning without James, Digne, and Allan and we've won without Richy now and DCL

Doesn't mean we don't miss them. All 5 of them are crucial to our success.

The fact that we've managed to scrap wins says a lot about the golden back 4 and about Fantastico but let's not kid ourselves. We need these guys if we are gonna achieve any long term success
Good teams grind out ugly wins. Post of the day this.

I always hate this train of thought. We were winning without James, Digne, and Allan and we've won without Richy now and DCL

Doesn't mean we don't miss them. All 5 of them are crucial to our success.

The fact that we've managed to scrap wins says a lot about the golden back 4 and about Fantastico but let's not kid ourselves. We need these guys if we are gonna achieve any long term success
Of course you want every player fit, but it simply isn't true that we have not been able to cope without Allan, we have.
Arguably we have had some of our best results without him.

What we have learned in my opinion is that we are not over reliant on any one player. The quality of the manager is at least as important as the quality of the player.

I don't like the implication that we cannot succeed with certain players because results have shown otherwise.

Of course we will be stronger with each player being available after injury.

Of course you want every player fit, but it simply isn't true that we have not been able to cope without Allan, we have.
Arguably we have had some of our best results without him.

What we have learned in my opinion is that we are not over reliant on any one player. The quality of the manager is at least as important as the quality of the player.

I don't like the implication that we cannot succeed with certain players because results have shown otherwise.

Of course we will be stronger with each player being available after injury.

But he didn't say we can't win without him. He said we miss him big time in the midfield and that statement is true. There is a significant drop off in quality between he and Davies. Davies is an inferior player in every way. He is not as good at defending nor is his offensive and ball retention as good.

I agree that we are not reliant on one player. I am one who argued against the whole we can't win without Richy nonsense.

I just think using wins when a player is missing as a signal that said player is not important is a poor way to look at the squad.

At the end of the day, we need our best players to enjoy SUSTAINED success.

Isn't he 1 yellow away from a suspension?

Everton that lol
If I understood it correctly he needs to get the 5 yellow cards before the end of the first half of the season, which will be our next game, so even if he got his fifth yellow card against Leicester he would not get a suspension anymore, only at 10.

If I understood it correctly he needs to get the 5 yellow cards before the end of the first half of the season, which will be our next game, so even if he got his fifth yellow card against Leicester he would not get a suspension anymore, only at 10.

Be 19 games wont it which is Newcastle?

Him, Richarlison and James will be the most liked i think...with Digne and Holgate not far behind.

Hopefully he adapts quickly and is straight at it against spurs.
Digne has more impact going forward than Richarlison this season. Dont think Richie had been at the races so far.

I hope he comes back fully ready. Looking forward to him renewing his partnership with Doucoure. The rest will have done him good. Offers so much more than Davies and now we have James as a possible number 10 with Iwobi on the right it will be our strongest midfield possible.

Digne has more impact going forward than Richarlison this season. Dont think Richie had been at the races so far.
I thought he started the season well, his stats v Spurs were outrageous. Unfortunately after his suspension, he’s played with no natural left back. And Digne is world class, yes he has been poor and could/should have done better in games.

But if you took Liverpool’s full backs out, I’m sure you’d see a drop off in salah & mane. Digne so important over lapping and it makes the defensive team start 2nd guessing and opens things up for Richarlison.

On the subject of Digne, with Allbrighton playing wide right for Leicester, decent hard working player, but no world beater. Would it be worth playing Digne at left back, I wouldn’t want to see Godfrey dropped, maybe centre back, his pace v Vardy?

just realised it’s the Allan thread lol

I thought he started the season well, his stats v Spurs were outrageous. Unfortunately after his suspension, he’s played with no natural left back. And Digne is world class, yes he has been poor and could/should have done better in games.

But if you took Liverpool’s full backs out, I’m sure you’d see a drop off in salah & mane. Digne so important over lapping and it makes the defensive team start 2nd guessing and opens things up for Richarlison.

On the subject of Digne, with Allbrighton playing wide right for Leicester, decent hard working player, but no world beater. Would it be worth playing Digne at left back, I wouldn’t want to see Godfrey dropped, maybe centre back, his pace v Vardy?

just realised it’s the Allan thread lol
Our CB's have been playing well. If we are playing deep and on the break then would not change it, if we intend to be more open then good idea. Godfrey's pace is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.