2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's really good but he needs that extra security of a 3 man midfield and he needs someone like James to do the bulk of the forward passing. When we put him in a setup like today's he's really something.

He plays like a fan... but has the quality of a top player. What I mean is.. he genuinely loves playing, hates losing and although that should be a given , it’s not . He plays like it’s his last game everytime. Even when he’s getting caught out or things don’t do well , he cannot be faulted for effort and will to win. Very un Brazilian ... but like Richy in that regard. Playing with pride and effort is refreshing after so many dull, lazy , passionless frauds like Morgan etc.

Something else this fella, bit rash at times but it you had 11 Allan's you wouldn't be far off

this... with 11 Alan’s you may lose games but you would see a team go down fighting . I would love to have seen him and gana as a DM pairing tbh. Both tenacious, and with ganas ability to nick possesion amd cover ground and with Alan’s quality on the ball we would have a very solid Cm. Would allow James etc the freedom to do what they do best and not worry about defending ( not that James cares for this anyway) :)

Did anyone notice, Frank obviously did his homework, even though he's been written off by elements of this forum, Allan was 100% targeted for roughing up, in spite of that he was class today

Played much better with 4 defenders behind him. One of the reasons why we were leaking goals before was because he had to cover too much ground but that issue is resolved with 4 CBs. Obviously that creates new problems that other teams will exploit but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I must admit there have been some games his positioning was questionable.
But against Leeds and last night he was brilliant.
He was like a terrier and his actions when he stepped in over the penalty was impressive.
I know some players take time to get used to the premiership and find their feet at a new club but I’m impressed with him at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.