2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems more box to box than Doucoure for me, he definitely isn’t a player that sits and screens the back 4 like we thought he would be. Hope Gbamin can come in and be that player because we badly need it.

Thats on Brands though surely he knows what a players strengths are.

I rate Doucoure but he needs a Gana type next to him but apparently so does Allan.

The DOF should know this.

Get him in a box-to-box role in a 4-3-3. Same with Doucoure.

If that means Gomes playing the sitting role, fine. Honestly, I think that's the best place for him. Let him see more of the ball and build our moves from deep.

Simplify things and get back to what was working well.

That means 4-3-3. Actual FBs at full-back, not two average midfield players as wing-backs.

We still need another defensive midfielder if you play both Allan & Doucoure.

Gomes should be nowhere near the side - can't tackle, cant pass forward, doesnt shoot, slow, doesnt sprint

Absolute nothing player.

Yes. At Napoli he was not the anchor.

Play 4231 with a real 5 and let Allan be the box to box. He is more skilled than Doucoure and we would benefit from playing a more athletic DM.

Thats on Brands though surely he knows what a players strengths are.

I rate Doucoure but he needs a Gana type next to him but apparently so does Allan.

The DOF should know this.

Hang on, I thought Allan was an ancellotti signing, so how is him not being able to play box to box in this team on brands now?!

He was boss yesterday, winning the ball back, carrying it forward but he's getting stick for a couple of wayward passes?!? Sake.

Nowt wrong with him or any of the new signings either - it's the old guard and their weak mentality that are costing us, with a couple of poor decisions from Carlo.

Hang on, I thought Allan was an ancellotti signing, so how is him not being able to play box to box in this team on brands now?!

He was boss yesterday, winning the ball back, carrying it forward but he's getting stick for a couple of wayward passes?!? Sake.

Nowt wrong with him or any of the new signings either - it's the old guard and their weak mentality that are costing us, with a couple of poor decisions from Carlo.

Ancelotti brought Allan to the club but Brands signs the deal off - therefore if he is happy with Carlo bringing him in then do not go and sign kin Doucoure!

That is on Brands - how anyone can continue to back this fella is astounding.

Left us short at CB last year

Left us short up top & at RB/LB this year

Pulls out of Gabriel deal over £25 million cost but then goes and later signs a lesser player in Godfrey for the same price!!

This fella is clueless, absolutely clueless. Add in his signings of Bernard, Gomes, Delph, Iwobi, Sidibe, Lossl, Kean how can he still have a job??

Allan played decent in the Leeds Utd game, but I felt he was getting drawn out of position in an attempt to make things happen for us. His frustration was seen in the first half when he was pointing ahead and shouting to Keane(?) to move the ball forward and get an attack going, only to then see the ball being passed backwards instead. The thing is though, Allan needs to keep his discipline and do his job, and hope that the rest of the team will do the same.

We still need another defensive midfielder if you play both Allan & Doucoure.

Gomes should be nowhere near the side - can't tackle, cant pass forward, doesnt shoot, slow, doesnt sprint

Absolute nothing player.
Well we kept hold of the ball a lot better in our first three league games than we have since.

He needs to be better, but there's no doubting when it comes to actually retaining possession he's one of the better players we have for it.

Go back to the template of what was working.

Ancelotti brought Allan to the club but Brands signs the deal off - therefore if he is happy with Carlo bringing him in then do not go and sign kin Doucoure!

That is on Brands - how anyone can continue to back this fella is astounding.

Left us short at CB last year

Left us short up top & at RB/LB this year

Pulls out of Gabriel deal over £25 million cost but then goes and later signs a lesser player in Godfrey for the same price!!

This fella is clueless, absolutely clueless. Add in his signings of Bernard, Gomes, Delph, Iwobi, Sidibe, Lossl, Kean how can he still have a job??
Generally speaking I agree with a fair bit of this, but in Doucoure’s case I feel it’s more a issue that he’s being asked to play a role he isn’t used to or comfortable with due to the imbalance of the team. It’s notable that he was much better in the games where we played a midfield 3 than just the 2 of them

The result yesterday put a damper on his performance. It was really very good. Haven't seen a midfielder make runs forward like that for us for years. Nearly scored a wonder goal from one such run.

Generally speaking I agree with a fair bit of this, but in Doucoure’s case I feel it’s more a issue that he’s being asked to play a role he isn’t used to or comfortable with due to the imbalance of the team. It’s notable that he was much better in the games where we played a midfield 3 than just the 2 of them
This is true, especially later on in the second half Doucoure was the latest sacrifice to the right wingback position.

Get him in a box-to-box role in a 4-3-3. Same with Doucoure.

If that means Gomes playing the sitting role, fine. Honestly, I think that's the best place for him. Let him see more of the ball and build our moves from deep.

Simplify things and get back to what was working well.

That means 4-3-3. Actual FBs at full-back, not two average midfield players as wing-backs.

We'd get absolutely battered with Gomes shielding the back four. He's like soft cheese trying to defend. Literally couldn't get any worse at it.

But yeah, if we put someone in there who can let Allan and Doucoure push on a bit more we'd look a lot better I think.

I'd even be tempted to give Godfrey a go in there at this rate. Can't be worse than the Iwobi/Davies axis of slug.

Status
Not open for further replies.