2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is terrible. He's not been the same since he pulled up with that groin(?) injury. Looks like he badly needs resting.

On a sidenote, is anyone else amazed at how slow this fella is? Considering the amount of tackles he consistently gets in, I thought he'd be much more mobile.

Think he should be sitting deep and breaking everything up. That's what he excelled at I thought. Let Doucoure be the fabled "box to box"

Regardless of who plays where, we need people to start showing back up. 2 matches in a row we've been poor.
A lot of his time at Napoli was spent playing in front of Jorginho. I'm just a bit concerned about his positioning the last two matches.

This is terrible. He's not been the same since he pulled up with that groin(?) injury. Looks like he badly needs resting.

On a sidenote, is anyone else amazed at how slow this fella is? Considering the amount of tackles he consistently gets in, I thought he'd be much more mobile.
He's mobile enough to be the holding midfield in the current 1st positioned place club in the league mate

He's not slow when he's jinking away from about 4 players and swiftly distributing through ball on.

It’s annoying for us as fans, but in the long term seeing Everton players getting selected for the top squads sends a signal to prospective new signings that playing for us puts you in the window for selection. The next Richarlison or Digne knows that if they are choosing between us and a sky six team that it’s not going to hinder their international careers. It wasn’t that long ago Albert Riera was getting selected for a Spain above Mikel Arteta purely on the club he played for.

He's not slow when he's jinking away from about 4 players and swiftly distributing through ball on.

I think his jinking, tackling and passing are more down to his intelligence and technical ability than his pace. He's a bit like Barry in that mould. Slow as a tugboat but seems to know exactly where to be. Bit of tenacity added for good measure too. For some reason I was expecting somebody like Gueye who covered ground quickly.

Hopefully he's back to himself this weekend.

I think his jinking, tackling and passing are more down to his intelligence and technical ability than his pace. He's a bit like Barry in that mould. Slow as a tugboat but seems to know exactly where to be. Bit of tenacity added for good measure too. For some reason I was expecting somebody like Gueye who covered ground quickly.

Hopefully he's back to himself this weekend.

Probably why we doubled up and bought doucoure.

I think in terms of anonymity he's nowhere near as bad as some of our recent lot even at his least influential.

And at least when he isn't great he doesn't through the game for us ala say Tom Davies.

In fact imo he's class.

Why the hell are we having these godforsaken internationals again, the last break has only just finished.
Its just what the world needs during a pandemic. Players and their entourage breaking their bubbles and spreading the love internationally. For a friendly ffs.

Forget meteorites, volcanic cataclysm or climate change; money will be the cause of human extinction.

Status
Not open for further replies.