2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the fact he’s accepted the move says a lot about him tbh. Probably his last big move and it’s a sideways one, he’ll achieve nothing more there than he would here. Glad he isn’t but he’d have been better off running it down and being an attractive free agent.

Biggest driver of the move seems to be living in London rather than any sporting ambition and that says it all about his priorities.

Think the fact he’s accepted the move says a lot about him tbh. Probably his last big move and it’s a sideways one, he’ll achieve nothing more there than he would here. Glad he isn’t but he’d have been better off running it down and being an attractive free agent.

Biggest driver of the move seems to be living in London rather than any sporting ambition and that says it all about his priorities.
Yeah London is obviously a big draw as he seems to be down there a lot anyway. Has mates at Fulham as well by all accounts.

It's no surprise to me that once he became a regular first reamer with us is when we became a relegation threatened side.

There's been glimmers of hope that he could become something more. But overall he's been awful for us. Considering he's only got a year left, we've had Fulham off here.
As ive said, he joined a side that finished 8th.

He leaves a team in 20th.

Wasn't his fault the divvies at our club paid a ridiculous fee for him. Like a lot of players, he suffered from the constant chopping and changing and being part of a Frankenstein's monster squad.

Was very pleased for him when the penny dropped about how to get the respect of the Evertonian's. From then on was one of our hardest workers.

For all those who call him a sh!thouse as well, it's worth remembering that being brave isn't just going full pelt into tackles, it's also about always showing for the ball and be willing to receive it under pressure whereas we've had a lot of cowards over the years that just hide from the ball. I think that will be something we miss in Iwobi but hopefully players like McNeil and Harrison can take that on.

But yeah, 22 mil is very good business for us, best of luck to him.

It's no surprise to me that once he became a regular first reamer with us is when we became a relegation threatened side.

There's been glimmers of hope that he could become something more. But overall he's been awful for us. Considering he's only got a year left, we've had Fulham off here.

Back in the glory days when he was kept out of the team by such superstars as Bernard and Walcott.

Fantastic that we won't have to see him buzzing around making fake challenges again. Day drinking to celebrate I think

leslie-jordan-leslie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.