2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much wpuld relegation cost the club ? I'm in no way his biggest fan, but if we are not replacing him, the 20 million won't make a big dent in the 150 odd million relegation would cost us.
It’ll be £25m saved including wages over a year, so 1/6 of the total which is a good chunk. Thelwell has made some good progress on moving on players who earn big wages without contributing much. Iwobi’s goal/assist return for his position isn’t good enough. Move him on.

Why's that a risk? Has he only ever played 2 games in a season for us? No.

I also never said the club wanted him to play a role, I'm saying if no on else is coming in he just has to stay. £15m isn't exactly an equivalent to getting relegated.

You're not getting my point here, of course he hasn't but then Gbamin hadn't missed many games before joining us. Like I say it would be an Everton that moment and the Gods do like to test us in funny ways. That's the risk we run, he may play but he may not.

It's not just 15 million we lose either, it is what we pay wages for him also when clearly the wing roles will be taken by Harrison and McNeil, with Danjuma, Young, Dobin and Garner all other options in that area.

doubt-intensifies.gif

You're not getting my point here, of course he hasn't but then Gbamin hadn't missed many games before joining us. Like I say it would be an Everton that moment and the Gods do like to test us in funny ways. That's the risk we run, he may play but he may not.

It's not just 15 million we lose either, it is what we pay wages for him also when clearly the wing roles will be taken by Harrison and McNeil, with Danjuma, Young, Dobin and Garner all other options in that area.

Yeh that's fine, the wing roles... but I didn't talk about them?

He's just got to stay for me if we don't plan on bringing anyone in.

Current CM options: Garner, Onana, Gana... Onyango

I don't count Gomes or JPG as they're obviously not getting used.

This is a HUGE problem.

It’ll be £25m saved including wages over a year, so 1/6 of the total which is a good chunk. Thelwell has made some good progress on moving on players who earn big wages without contributing much. Iwobi’s goal/assist return for his position isn’t good enough. Move him on.
Yes, but replace him. He's not a good player but he played almost every minute for us last season. Not replacing him is madness.

Yeh that's fine, the wing roles... but I didn't talk about them?

This is a HUGE problem.

For Iwobi's position as a 10 you have McNeil, Danjuma and Dele.

Of course would have been nice to get another but is Iwobi worth letting go for nothing? We are obviously deep in the mire when it comes to cash so at somepoint you have to start making business decisions.

Could say Harrison was Iwobi's direct replacement.

If he goes ...which knowing how fast our printer must work and then they have to call Saul Goodman to do the legal stuff might not be such a shoe in.
You could say that, but if Gray goes to Saudi, their window is open for another three weeks, then we're very short on the right. If we lose Gray, Iwobi and Townsend (I know, I know) and bring in only Harrison, then we're weaker.

You could say that, but if Gray goes to Saudi, their window is open for another three weeks, then we're very short on the right. If we lose Gray, Iwobi and Townsend (I know, I know) and bring in only Harrison, then we're weaker.
You could argue we have Harrison and Danjuma, Young and Garner could slso play there.

For Iwobi's position as a 10 you have McNeil, Danjuma and Dele.

Of course would have been nice to get another but is Iwobi worth letting go for nothing? We are obviously deep in the mire when it comes to cash so at somepoint you have to start making business decisions.

So I say we can't let him leave without a replacement as we are very short on CM numbers.

You talk about the wings.

I again talk about being very short on CM numbers.

You talk about the 10 position???

You could argue we have Harrison and Danjuma, Young and Garner could slso play there.
You could argue that but Danjuma is a left sided forward, Young is a wingback and Garner is a central midfielder and if you put them on the right wing we'd be light in those other positions. I'm all for the Iwobi sale but we've got to bring in a right sided player if he goes.

So I say we can't let him leave without a replacement as we are very short on CM numbers.

You talk about the wings.

I again talk about being very short on CM numbers.

You talk about the 10 position???
Are we short?
As it stands.
Onana, Garner, Gana, Doucoure, Gomes

Short on quality? Yep. Numbers? Not really

Status
Not open for further replies.