2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just casually being the best player on the pitch for about the 5th game in a row.

His movement was impressive yesterday creating little angles for then simple passes like he did for the goal.

Also his passing is a lot sharper than everyone else he zips them in to his team mates.

What a turnaround. However, now that he is full of confidence I would be interested to see if there is an opportunity to improve the team further by moving Iwobi further forward like we did late in the game today. That could enable us to get Garner in the team so we would have someone to take a corner. Once Dominic Calvert-Lewin is back we will have great aerial presence at set pieces so not having a consistent delivery for them would be very frustrating. Also Gordon and Gray are very inconsistent as wide forwards and Iwobi would provide better cover to the fullback

That being said it would be brave to break up something that appears to be working
Interesting. But I prefer him dropping deep to get the ball in the middle, his eye for a pass at the moment is quite good. And running at the opposition can't be underplayed.

It’s amazing what confidence does to a player. The first thing that was evident was the hard work but now he cemented himself in the team his quality of touch and his decision making has been 1st class this season.

Reactions: JLW

….an assist for him yesterday, be great if he could chip in with a few more goals but he’s fashioned a pivotal role for himself and remarkably is one of the first names on the team sheet.
I'm hoping that'll come mate, he's still growing into the position atm.

He’s gone from our worst player to arguably the best. If he can add goals to his game we have a great player.
I think how we've set up and his position within that system has limited his chances. Now we've got a stronger midfield, hopefully he'll be able to push forward.

His importance since the tail end of last season simply cannot be understated.

Status
Not open for further replies.