2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the biggest turn around of any footballer ive seen

12 months ago he wasn't wanted by 99.9% of the fanbase and we thought he wasnt even good enough to be a squad player never mind be in the team.
Now he is first name on the team sheet in his new role, again today he was brilliant.

Neat footwork
Great passing
Tireless work
I was definitely part of that 99.9%. Fittest player in the team and undroppable from the midfield. Let’s not push him out wide to make way for others, him Onana and Gana are a real threat.

Probably the biggest turn around of any footballer ive seen*

12 months ago he wasn't wanted by 99.9% of the fanbase and we thought he wasnt even good enough to be a squad player never mind be in the team.
Now he is first name on the team sheet in his new role, again today he was brilliant.

Neat footwork
Great passing
Tireless work
there has to be a caveat here, the best improvement in a payer without a sudden diagnosis of asthma.

The thing is, we can't really vault anyone because he really was terrible! Fair play to @TheBigIguana for not really, really going for it! Ha
"I'd shift Bernard and Sig as I think there's a chance Iwobi can still develop and maybe isn't on the same wages as those two - definitely not on what Bernard gets."
Me 24/09/20 - https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/alex-iwobi.111038/post-8127305

"I agree that
there's a player there in Iwobi and think he'll go on to surprise a few."
Me 23/06/20 - https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/alex-iwobi.107761/post-7886101

"Excellent today especially the second half.
Iwobi is a very decent player who is bigger, stronger and faster but Coleman outfought him and out-thought him."
Me 07/04/19 https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/seamus-coleman.104354/post-6952808

See -always rated him. Just ignore the posts where I've slated him. And please don't check my posts about how Moise Kean is actually really good. :D

Didn't he always say he was better down the middle yet was primarily used as a left winger by arsenal and by us? Including us playing him over 40 times as a right winger in like 100 appearances for us.

And we wonder why he struggled.

He's always performed better for us and Arsenal as a centre attacking mid.

This new 6/8 position Iwobi is new and very surprising.

This guy has pleasantly surprised me…

After writing him off 12 months ago, happy to see he is one of our most consistent players in ‘22 and probably our best player this season!

Keep it up wobes.

100% he's been the 1st name on the team sheet this season.

Such a shame he didn't just blammo that chance when he chipped it into Maupay instead of just going for it

He was FINISHED at Everton this time last year, another 27m player flushed down the drain to go with the likes of Tosun, Gomes, Bolasie where we didn't get any return.

His turnaround has been nothing short of a miracle. Brilliant man to man management by Lampard, coupled with a player who obviously can retain information and follow instruction and really knuckling down to fight fir his career at Everton.

Brilliant to see, absolutely brilliant.

Just need to chip in with those 5-6 goals a season and everyone will be saying what value for money we got.

Hard to believe what he has done.

I had no hope in him and he's our best player now. Fantastic turn around, brilliant player with a fantastic attitude. Many would have give up and got paid, he hasn't.

Excellent again - still young too, his best years are still ahead of him which is promising. His consistency at the moment is the most pleasing aspect of his game. Goals and assists now for elite standards

Status
Not open for further replies.