2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that’s it, you have to create a scenario where he is picked up for free to envisage some other club being daft enough to offer him 100k, or compare him to our dreadful purchase of McNeil to make you feel better about him.

He’s definitely picked up recently, and he’s got a good assist record so far this season, but when you compare him as a midfielder in the Premier League he’s far from top drawer.

He wouldn’t be a pick in most Everton sides throughout the last 20 years. I’m not sure he’d even make the bench if you had all the players from the last 20 years to choose from.
Thing is I don’t feel particularly good about it, I’m simply saying I understand it from a business perspective.
18 months left on his contract, he isn’t going to generate much more than £10m imho - that is likely the top end too.
Unless there’s some one ready to come out of the U21’s that £10m isn’t going to go far and the replacement will cost at least £50k pw anyway.
For me topping up his currently deal by £30k p/w and making that £10m fee more likely at least £20m by turning 18 months of contract in to 60 months just makes sense imho. (All that with our even considering amortisation / P&S regs)
If he reverts to type after 6 months / if Frank gets the bullet, we can flog him next year and it’s cost £300k to maximise his transfer worth.
As for top draw - £100k pw doesn’t get you top draw in this league. That gets you a spot on the bench at Chelsea, Man U, them, City, oh and Beşiktaş

Last edited:
….yep. The difficulty in our position is we can’t really afford to cash in our better players. Iwobi is talented but I’ll always doubt his application, in normal circumstances I’d sell if we could make a profit but we are in a perilous state.

The other aspect we don’t know is if he wants to run down his contract. That wouldn’t surprise me in the least & I wouldn’t blame him if he did.
True enough.

As I’m a child of the 70’s, I’d flog the lot of the current lot. No heart, no soul, don’t care.

As long as they have the right tattoo, hair cut and hand bag they just aren’t arsed. Coupled with poor choices year on year of managers, we are an episode of ever decreasing circles…

So to me Iwobis contract situation I’m not arsed about… he’s better than most of the current lot, but I don’t think he’s good enough. So read what you want for the rest.

Need characters… fight etc

We all know this but why can’t our manager, board (or bored) and scouting teams do their jobs properly.

We are ridiculous.

Considering Yerry Mina is on 120k and hasn't put in a good performance in two years I think Iwobi is worth 100k. He's also quite clearly the best player at the club as well as the most marketable. Plenty of other things the club do poorly but I think this one is not one of them. We also are now able to sell him for far more should his great form continue.

Go and take a shot of Narcan mate and have a nice lie down.

You’ll feel better tomorrow.
Wont feel better until we are in no threat of going down.
Take a look at the bookies odds , they aint stupid, got us nailed on to go down.

I want this sorting out Frank, but i fear Frank is going by the 4Jan .Thats unless he gets 3points minimum, a home win, if not 4points.
But its the players he is bringing in that might save him.
Changing the manager might still not be enough, a couple of players to.
It will be the squad who have to sort it out with a decent experienced manager.

So many different factions, opinions will we ever be one.Not until we win stuff, play the football most fans wanna see.

Back on the laughing gas or i will cry.

He’s only been decent since Lampard took over. Say Lampard gets sacked in coming months… what then? He’s starts get switched around in positions again by a new manager and reverts back to his previous form? Then stuck with him in another long contract with a higher salary than before.

Absolutely everything that's wrong with the club.

Rewarding short term performance with long term mega wages. I admit he's been decent since Lampard has come in, but this is exactly the Michael Keane situation over again, Keane looked good because of how Carlo set up with a low block, so we extend his contract on big money. When/If Lampard goes, this guy will be on mega wages, not used and we will just be going through the same poor financial mismanagement.

I just hope they've put a relegation wage reduction clause. Be absolute prime Everton paying him 100k in the championship to sit on our bench.

Decision makers are proper thick chunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.