2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you're accounting for how much spending basically all of our transfer money for two seasons on awful players who aren't better than the guy who you refuse to play in the position set us back. This isn't about Iwobi, it's about Carlo being a long term grenade tossed into our club. Even if he realizes and uses Iwobi correctly the damage was done.

But you'd never seen Iwobi play in this role before Lampard came in so how would you know. No one had.

I don't think you're accounting for how much spending basically all of our transfer money for two seasons on awful players who aren't better than the guy who you refuse to play in the position set us back. This isn't about Iwobi, it's about Carlo being a long term grenade tossed into our club. Even if he realizes and uses Iwobi correctly the damage was done.
Mate he openly admitted he didnt even know who Doucs and Godfrey were before they signed.

But anyway, I look forward to an Alex Iwobi Everton side finishing top 4.

Great to see any player turn his game around to his current level.( not many do )
But for 2 & a half years he was comfortably right up with any of our worst purchases. And I mean Alex Nyarko bad.
So for me he has way more to do to warrant the plaudits he has of late.

If a reasonable offer came in I'd sell him in a heartbeat.

Everybody trashed Iwobi during his earlier period. Now he has proved himself and become easily our consistently best performer, it is ludicrous to suggest he should be released any time soon. Our squad is too low on quality for such to be contemplated.

Everybody trashed Iwobi during his earlier period. Now he has proved himself and become easily our consistently best performer, it is ludicrous to suggest he should be released any time soon. Our squad is too low on quality for such to be contemplated.
I would say he’s up there with most improved premier league footballers this Year let alone season. He’s been consistently one of our better performers (based on the last season it weren’t hard) this season though there’s a number of players fighting for it ie Codey tars and Patterson in particular I hope it continues really seems to of turned a corner and you can tell

Great to see any player turn his game around to his current level.( not many do )
But for 2 & a half years he was comfortably right up with any of our worst purchases. And I mean Alex Nyarko bad.
So for me he has way more to do to warrant the plaudits he has of late.

If a reasonable offer came in I'd sell him in a heartbeat.
Yeah, he'll need to maintain current levels for the next two years before I'll feel we broke even on him. He was disastrous for most of his tenure to date, but he has dramatically improved over the last six months. Any resting on current laurels will be catastrophic for the club if a long-term contract is being offered. He has to maintain his current form. Credit to him and the coaching staff for the improvement - but there can be no regressing now.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.