2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the money we spent on him, iwobi is up there with Ghosty Pointerson as our worst ever signing.

Ghosty just edges him as our worst due to the record fee, but iwobi is finished and has been for some time - no heart, no bottle, no desire, no clue.

Play flash or another kid ahead of this fella, and get whatever you can for him in January/summer window.

My beef with his inclusion is why drop Gordon after a good game? All the crap spouted about taking your chance and Anthony took it away against a good United team away from home.

Why wasn’t he rewarded? If he had put in a terrible shift, okay you can justify Iwobi as there were a lack of options. All the talk about “taking your chance” is bull. Managers play favorites and they make arrogant decisions. This is one of them. Like Carlo, he thinks HE will be the one to make a player out of Iwobi.

This useless waste of space's last chance ought to have been about a season and a half ago. I am completely and utterly at a loss as to how somebody so lacking is able to continually be called upon to influence games at this level. He'd struggle a couple of divisions down even. He offers nothing at all, zilch, nada. Makes me not want to watch our games any more because I can't stand the bleeding sight of him

That's the worst part of it for me - how perfect Gray's wing play was in creating that chance.

Imagine being him, doing his job flawlessly, putting it on a plate and realising the chance is falling to Alex f'in Iwobi.

Grim

It's more of a testament to Gray that he pretty much had it on a plate for Rondon and Iwobi.

And a great summation of the other two that between them they just manages to whack to air molecules.

Oh brilliant.
Hello is that the premier league? Can we switch our next home game to our training ground as iwobi is world class in a non competitive training session against bibs.
Great in training ffs.
Your missing the point mate
His performances haven’t been good I know but getting on any players case isn’t going to improve them
Some players come good eventually.
Normally it’s called confidence and unfortunately he doesn’t have any. It’s the most important part of a footballers form

Is there a more maligned player to have worn the shirt?

equate money spent versus the, I’ll hesitate to use, ‘talent!’

Ive been going to Goodison regularly since about 83. There have been a few maligned. Some unjustified.
We've also had a few who were not world beaters but you could see them run their socks off and play with pride. Long list but players like marcus bent. Kevin kilbane. Mark pembridge. Barry horne...i could go on. I never ever sat there thinking they are not giving their all.
This iwobi fella. Here for the dough. Nothing else. Doesnt have to stand there like a mannequin to prove he's trying. You know when someone is. And he isn't. I havent seen him go into 1 single challenge and look like he wanted to win it.
I dont say this lightly.
He is the worst signing i have ever seen.
No heart. No fight. No desire.
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Your missing the point mate
His performances haven’t been good I know but getting on any players case isn’t going to improve them
Some players come good eventually.
Normally it’s called confidence and unfortunately he doesn’t have any. It’s the most important part of a footballers form

Tbh its just added to the great alex iwobi book of excuses.
Its never down to him. There's always a reason he isn't playing well.
Maybe the actual reason is he's sh!ite.
It does happen.

There are worse players than him but that is not a compliment. At least Davies cost nothing and will be no loss when he is binned. Someone dropped a big clanger paying good money for Iwobi.

It's more of a testament to Gray that he pretty much had it on a plate for Rondon and Iwobi.

And a great summation of the other two that between them they just manages to whack to air molecules.
To be fair to Salmon Rondean the ball was behind him for Iwobi’ air shot, if anything his run trot opened the space for the spectacular miss from the best 5 a side pick at the club / freestyler.

Status
Not open for further replies.