2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point but what the hell is going on in training because Iwobi keeps convincing our managers that he’s one of the better options.

He cost a lot and is on big wages.

I think he's selected mostly as a misguided way of justifying the outlay.

It's the same as, say, using a fancy fountain pen that cost you £100 but doesn't work and spills ink instead of the 10p Bic pen that works perfectly well.

Said to my dad during the game that I'd genuinely rather start with 10 men than play him, because at least that way you have a shape and you don't have the illusion of one, which you do with Iwobi. You think you have an option on because he's physically on the pitch, but it's not really an option.

We already start with 10 men due to that lummox up front!

Said to my dad during the game that I'd genuinely rather start with 10 men than play him, because at least that way you have a shape and you don't have the illusion of one, which you do with Iwobi. You think you have an option on because he's physically on the pitch, but it's not really an option.
Exactly the same with Rondon. We played with nine men today.

I feel like his problem is in his head. He performs well in training because it doesn't require any thinking. Dribbling check. Shooting check. Running check. Positioning check. Simple and direct instructions without the need to think. When it comes to an actual match, he gets into a good position, receives the ball then his mind freezes. Pass? Dribble? Left? Right? Forward? Back? Because of the uncertainty, he either chooses the wrong option or takes so long the opportunity is gone. This is my sit at home watching tv person's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.