2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this lads best position?
His work rate was off the chart in the latter stages of last season, and his confidence has clearly seen him improve under Frank. He's played is a fair few positions, but where should he be used next season? Does he stay out on the right, or if played central, does he drop back to allow Ali more game time?
Centre mid/number 8 for sure. Don't think Alli is worth shoehorning into the team

Although not sure a position should determine your work rate, running full pelt or maximising you stamina should be a given for a professional athlete.
Well I disagree that he didn't do that before. For as much as Evertonians claim they'll support anyone who tries really we don't like when players stink.

What's this lads best position?
His work rate was off the chart in the latter stages of last season, and his confidence has clearly seen him improve under Frank. He's played is a fair few positions, but where should he be used next season? Does he stay out on the right, or if played central, does he drop back to allow Ali more game time?
In the 3-5-2 he seemed to have adopted that right midfield position just head of Coleman. I think he suits it simply because he has the workrate for it - it's a bit less creative responsibility and more of an 'all-rounder' role where he's tasked to help get back and defend whilst also being capable of turning the ball over and bringing it out at pace. I think Lampard saw this and encouraged him to carve out a presence there.

Getting vibes of the blood test from john carpenters 'the thing' here. Tried to link a gif but I'm to thick.

I can just picture Iwobi now….

“I know you gentlemen have been through a lot of late with the Fat Spanish Waiter and all, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this season TIED TO THIS F***ING COUCH”

I’m incredibly starting to think that the club might give him a contract extension this year. Add two years and save circa 3 million a year in amortisation. Or ignoring wages equivalent to buying a 12 million pound player on a 4 year contract.

Never disliked him, always thought there was a desire there but sometimes it takes a certain type of manager to tap into that and convert it into performances.

Getting vibes of the blood test from john carpenters 'the thing' here. Tried to link a gif but I'm to thick.
the-thing-blood-test.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.