2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure it’s been said but this guy is a totally different player under Lampard. He’s been consistently one of the best players under his reign

I think he buys into Lampard's idea. I mean, RB is not his position, but he played there out of necessity and somehow was our winning formula the final few games. Tbh, that is no easy feat. It shows he has a lot of intelligence to cover for a totally unfamiliar position. I mean, he has the usual weaknesses but that's expected for a makeshift fullback. And I think he felt us appreciating when he puts in a run and pressing opponents and we've been seeing him doing more of those.

And in recent months, he puts on the effort in pressing and even winning the ball. I could see him being useful if he is used in the middle (but definitely with a proper no. 6 shielding behind him). I've seen him put some nice forward pass too. I hope he keeps it up, keep training and improving.

I just want to say thank you, and I hope he stays. He was more or less the only constant factor, and played 10 diffreent roles the last 3 games. Even he succumbed to some major mistakes, again today, but in comparisment with last year hes been very positive and consistent. ALso seems to be a teamplayer. Alex, you kind of redeemed yourself, even if I think 30 million was a bit too much. Onwards.

The only problem with Iwobi is we paid too 2x too much. He seems a good lad, works hard, plays wherever he is asked and shows signs of class.

If we had paid less than 15m then folks wouldn’t be as bothered. Still, the fee is paid, the damage done. We have major issues, but Alex is not one of them. Solid squad player.

I'd obviously sell him for a decent price, but nobody will take him for a decent price comparative to what we paid for him, so we need to hope his improved attitude and workrate continues into the new season and he can be an asset to the squad.

If he's playing as a legit midfielder you need 10 G+As and he's doing great. I think he can handle that.
3 goals and 3 assists all comps, while playing 57% of the clubs minutes all comps, lots of those were garbage minutes and/ or not in that position.

Only a regular starter in last third of the season under FL, and even then as an emergency wingback for the last few.

So yes, he would get at least 10 playing centrally every week and likely more.

hopefully frank plays a midfield 3 next season. Ideally I’d like a brand new midfield three but if we only sign two new centre midfielders then iwobi will do fine as the third starter. Not sure he’s good enough long term as a centre mid for a team trying to get into Europe but he’ll get a chance next season.

Fair play to him. Most of the time when players get written off at Everton they end being justified. He has turned this around wonderfully.

Working hard.
Looking sharper on the ball every game he plays.

Needs to stay confident. He's clearly confident again and showing his tidiest football.

He has to play centrally from now on. In a team that struggles to keep the ball, or create much, Iwobi seems one of the best at both. He isn’t a wing back, he told Carlo 2 years ago!

I think he got stuck on the wing because he is always willing to do what’s asked even if it’s not a great match.

Can you imagine Doucoure, Allan, or Delph trying to play wide? :oops:

[insert Hindenburg photo]

Status
Not open for further replies.