2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
all players should be given a chance and I don’t like even harshly judging players after a full bad season...

...but he has invariably been weak or off the pace in much of his time on the pitch

you can defend him all you want but I cannot currently see a way for him to become even a middling success at this club

if he continues doing what he has done up to now, from now until the time he leaves us, you will have to agree he’d have been an utter failure
Ok but just apply that standard across the board. I don't think people do.

But the difference is even when a bad day at the office you can cling on in there and hope to scrape something.
When you start the likes of iwobi you hand it to them on a plate early on and its twice as hard to come back.
Iwobi starts first 45. 2-0
Iwobi doesnt start second 45. 0-0
we never laid a glove on them in the 2nd half first half we hit the bar indeed looked only okish for 20 minutes.....in the first half Iwobi like it or not was our only outlet -

Like Siggy and Bernard, nowhere near good enough for where we want to be. Unfortunately we will always suffer with injuries and suspensions so the next upgrade from the Don will be replacing these waste of spaces.

we never laid a glove on them in the 2nd half first half we hit the bar indeed looked only okish for 20 minutes.....in the first half Iwobi like it or not was our only outlet -

He went past nobody and he stood ball watching on the 2nd goal.
It was a bad day but it still remains we drew the 2nd half without him. Who's to say first half wouldnt have been likewise.
A point on a bad day is better than no point.
He is atrocious to be in the starting 11.

Awful. Just awful. Could have played Digne in a couple of times and cut inside instead. When he did get in he crosses behind DCL. Lost the ball constantly and never sprints back.

Status
Not open for further replies.