2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did taking him off change anything? The answer is no, so to some degree the system was a problem. Or all of our players were equally bad. But singling him out when Digne was bad, Allan bad, Bernard nothing, Gordon nothing, James not great, Sigurdsson bad, is kind of harsh.

But he was bad. It can be both things.
I mean I think it was more the set up than the player today. He was bad but did taking him off fix it?
Wipe the slavering rabid foam from your chin and start agin. That was indefensible today.

How many times now has he been hooked at half time by ancelotti for being so poor.
Swear to god if i see his name in the starting line up again im gona hit the roof.
We literally hand the initiative to the opposition straight away.
He does my head in.
You could have hooked 11 off today plus the Subs that came on just a bad day at the office.....

It's the difference between his best and worst that really grinds me.

His worse is woeful, yet he can play the game, he has shown that in fits and spurts. But its consistency that separates the men from the boys in this league, and he just doesn't have it.

Will be playing at West Ham or Newcastle in no time.

The difference between Richarlison taking those balls first time and bearing down on goal, and Iwobi miscontrolling it or just shinning it out of play.

You could have hooked 11 off today plus the Subs that came on just a bad day at the office.....

But the difference is even when a bad day at the office you can cling on in there and hope to scrape something.
When you start the likes of iwobi you hand it to them on a plate early on and its twice as hard to come back.
Iwobi starts first 45. 2-0
Iwobi doesnt start second 45. 0-0

Nah, he was no worse than 8 others. I'm sorry but I just don't like the amount of hate he has gotten since day one.

all players should be given a chance and I don’t like even harshly judging players after a full bad season...

...but he has invariably been weak or off the pace in much of his time on the pitch

you can defend him all you want but I cannot currently see a way for him to become even a middling success at this club

if he continues doing what he has done up to now, from now until the time he leaves us, you will have to agree he’d have been an utter failure

He may run around like a clumsy headless chicken with a first touch that would make Lukaku cry, but the standout worst attribute of his is his decisionmaking

Status
Not open for further replies.