2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see him jogging around in the lead up to Hendersons chalked off winner?

Absolutely criminal do not like the lad at all.

Backed out of 50/50's on more than one occasion last season

Jogs about

Epitomises the modern Arsenal player - tippy tappy likes a jog about, nice bum bag for his IG pics but no fight and soft as sand.

Get Gordon in Sunday please.

Yeah, I think he's a dud. Always have, and have no reason to change my tune. I would dearly love to be proven wrong, but proving people like me wrong really has to begin on Sunday. His time is now. Or never.

I'm sure and I usually prefer skilled players over speed and power. I'm just pointing out that Iwobi has been ahead in the rotation all season long. Would be surprised if Bernard is the one called upon to replace Richy.
There’s a 3rd option, Nkounkou?
Although admittedly unlikely to get the nod

His crossing for DCL and doubling up defensively with Digne would be tempting

No he's a LB. I get that sometimes the LW does similar things, but in our current system there is way more play closer to the box for the LW. Digne and Nkoukou would step on each other and render them both ineffective. Also who exactly do Saints have that we need two LBs for? Theo?

I think this would work myself. He’s quick, got a decent cross and will have Digne behind him who will make sure he tracks back etc.

We need Iwobi to step up with Richy out he has done a bit better this season. Maybe Gordon will get a chance too. Thing with Iwobi is he looks awkward running but if he gets his confidence up he can be useful. The issue is he likes to drop deeper when Richy is one of the few players we have who can stretch the play. With him out we lack that on the flanks. It's why we should have got someone who could play across the front line but it's done now.

We spend stupid money on iwobi, mainly with the hope he'll repay in times like these, so he deserves to start and be given that opportunity.

I’m a bit worried to see him as a starter for Southampton because I’m not sure how he will be used. They like to press and take risks and I don’t want him defending or forced out on the wing much. That is not his forte at all. We’ll see

Status
Not open for further replies.