2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever he gets the ball he looks like he's trying to do some sick Street Fighter combo with 126 inputs in one second. Unfortunately he always gets it wrong and ends up doing a regular pass straight out of play instead.

Was it £30m plus add ons? Why hasn’t brands being sacked over this deal? I’m being serious, he’s chucked £30+ million pounds away on a at his best squad player. Its not Iwobis fault that he’s not worth the price or never will be, but brands chucking that kinda money away is shocking
£27m I believe.

Surprised we've heard no rumours of fat man wanting to get rid of this waster

He won't be leaving for a number of reasons - Firstly after James leaves, he'll be the only "natural" number 10 we have for a manager who likes to play 4231, secondly he offers "cover" across the wide areas too, so he's probably viewed as a good squad player, thirdly we are already in a FFP hole, and selling him would probably worsen it as we'd likely have to accept a big loss on him

He won't be leaving for a number of reasons - Firstly after James leaves, he'll be the only "natural" number 10 we have for a manager who likes to play 4231, secondly he offers "cover" across the wide areas too, so he's probably viewed as a good squad player, thirdly we are already in a FFP hole, and selling him would probably worsen it as we'd likely have to accept a big loss on him

He'll be the only natural number 10, despite him playing hardly none of his career at number 10

If he is our number 10 next season it's gonna be a worse season then even I think it will be

Sadly you are probably right

Was it £30m plus add ons? Why hasn’t brands being sacked over this deal? I’m being serious, he’s chucked £30+ million pounds away on a at his best squad player. Its not Iwobis fault that he’s not worth the price or never will be, but brands chucking that kinda money away is shocking
I think he has more to offer than Gomez & the one who shall not be named. Wobes does need to switch away from white boots. They make his feet look huge and slower than he is.

But it was your 30M question about add-ons that got me thinking. Add-ons, lol. It would seem that we need to begin writing contracts with "minus-offs".

I think he has more to offer than Gomez & the one who shall not be named. Wobes does need to switch away from white boots. They make his feet look huge and slower than he is.

But it was your 30M question about add-ons that got me thinking. Add-ons, lol. It would seem that we need to begin writing contracts with "minus-offs".
That would be ace that...

"Arsenal will now have to pay Everton £6m after Iwobi's performance in the defeat against Norwich triggered a minus-off clause in the deal"

Never been a number 10

It’s a weird situation. He had over 100 appearances for a good Arsenal team and is still only 25. How has he seemingly regressed so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.