2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was woeful when he came on, gave the ball away abou 5 times and looked the slowest player on the pitch

Did that at the weekend too. Seems to take a while to get into a game which is a worry. Started showing some glimpses though that there's a player in there, not convinced he'll be anything more than a squad player though.. like at Arsenal.

Ancelotti is giving him a chance keeping him involved. Flogging a dead horse imo but he cant say the manager is not giving him anything.

Did that at the weekend too. Seems to take a while to get into a game which is a worry. Started showing some glimpses though that there's a player in there, not convinced he'll be anything more than a squad player though.. like at Arsenal.
Possibly he may come good, the strangest things happen when you add a bit of quality and a lot of confidence to a squad. We've see bog standard players over at the wallbotherers compete at the highest level because of the quality around them and everyone being at full confidence. I have to say though I find everything about iwobi very frustrating to watch

I actually thought he did a really nice job getting that shot onto the post for Dom to score. He looks like he is overthinking it, but I like the initiative to take the shot on there. Everybody steps off of him when he is in the box, so he should continue to use that to his advantage.

He's was particularly Pooyeng when he came one the other night. Thing is,this must be the easiest time in recent years to play for us and he still managed to give the ball away almost every time he touched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.