2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could sell him to a Watford or Palace this summer for 10-15M I would be very happy. He just doesn't do enough in the final third to warrant minutes in the attack.

If we could sell him to a Watford or Palace this summer for 10-15M I would be very happy. He just doesn't do enough in the final third to warrant minutes in the attack.
nobody will match the wages we give him, so we'd have to pass that 10-15m back to Alex to make it worth his while. All in all it's fifty big ones down the plughole but at least he'd be off the books. It's a yes from me.

I wish he would just do me a favor when he gets the ball just immediately kick it out of bounds or to the opposing to team sounds weird but it saves me watching him putz around with the ball for what feels like eternity to only mishit a cross out of bound, make an errant pass or eventually dribble directly into the defense. It's going to be same the result

I'm surprised at your view on him. I don't see how his pace, strength or speed are positive attributes. If anything, he's severely lacking in that department. That alone tells me he could not possibly be the most dedicated player at the club.

I think his social media accounts are a good example of his attitude. Not just because he has accounts, but because of the material on them. He seems to think he's God's gift to the earth. He seems to believe his opinion on what he eats, what his favourite shoes are, his reaction to music are important enough to warrant a YouTube channel. To me that suggests a major lack of self awareness, and someone who truly believes they're something very special.

My guess is that he thinks he doesn't have to work much harder from here.

I clicked on one link. Dunno why as not really interested but first thing i saw was a clip about iwobi responds to twitter haters.
I think you're spot on. At no point do i ever think he looks at himself and goes i should be doing better and maybe its me. He seems like he's in this im a superstar bubble and its all about haters gona hate crap.
Nah fella. Its because you're sh!te and gutless in an Everton shirt. Its really that simple.

I clicked on one link. Dunno why as not really interested but first thing i saw was a clip about iwobi responds to twitter haters.
I think you're spot on. At no point do i ever think he looks at himself and goes i should be doing better and maybe its me. He seems like he's in this im a superstar bubble and its all about haters gona hate crap.
Nah fella. Its because you're sh!te and gutless in an Everton shirt. Its really that simple.

Hope to God Iwobi didn't replace Rodriguez after last time, hope he gives King a go.

nobody will match the wages we give him, so we'd have to pass that 10-15m back to Alex to make it worth his while. All in all it's fifty big ones down the plughole but at least he'd be off the books. It's a yes from me.
He’s one of our lowest earners on 50k a week.

I think he’s actually a better player than he’s shown and he has attributes that this team needs but he’s not been given the opportunity to show them.

He’s never a winger but if he was played centrally in a 3 he offers a lot of what we’re desperately missing. He’s got the ability to take the ball on the turn and transition it forward quickly by carrying it at pace. He’s comfortable on the ball, he has the ability to beat a man and he’s shown when played centrally that he comes looking for the ball, he’s always giving options and looks to be progressive when he has it.

I still believe we’d be a better side with him in middle instead of Sigurdsson who’s a big reason whilst we generally get over run week in week out.

Iwobi, Sigurdsson and Gomes are 3 players who get slaughtered regularly however 2 play in their favoured position most weeks whilst the other gets shoe horned out wide in his fleeting appearances.

Sigurdsson’s stats give him a bit of an argument as to why is acceptable for him to be accommodated however I feel Iwobi’s stats would improve considerably in his favoured position and also I’d like to see the stats if the roles were reversed and Sigurdsson was played at wing back. I believe Iwobi for Sigurdsson would make big difference to how the team performs in general play as well with us having more energy in the middle and more creativity with him looking to get on the ball for us in deeper areas.

I think Iwobi’s time is up here. Many of the fans didn’t want him in just place and those fans have have just refused to really give him a chance whilst he hasn’t done anything like enough to win them over however I do feel someone might pinch him off us fairly cheap and get themselves someone who in time, will be a very good player.

I felt the same about Vlasic and Lookman (although we did get decent money for him). I also feared we were going to lose DCL at 1 point (someone I staunchly defended through the bad times) before his undoubted potential was realised.

I hope Iwobi doesn’t slip through the net as well.

He’s one of our lowest earners on 50k a week.

I think he’s actually a better player than he’s shown and he has attributes that this team needs but he’s not been given the opportunity to show them.

He’s never a winger but if he was played centrally in a 3 he offers a lot of what we’re desperately missing. He’s got the ability to take the ball on the turn and transition it forward quickly by carrying it at pace. He’s comfortable on the ball, he has the ability to beat a man and he’s shown when played centrally that he comes looking for the ball, he’s always giving options and looks to be progressive when he has it.

I still believe we’d be a better side with him in middle instead of Sigurdsson who’s a big reason whilst we generally get over run week in week out.

Iwobi, Sigurdsson and Gomes are 3 players who get slaughtered regularly however 2 play in their favoured position most weeks whilst the other gets shoe horned out wide in his fleeting appearances.

Sigurdsson’s stats give him a bit of an argument as to why is acceptable for him to be accommodated however I feel Iwobi’s stats would improve considerably in his favoured position and also I’d like to see the stats if the roles were reversed and Sigurdsson was played at wing back. I believe Iwobi for Sigurdsson would make big difference to how the team performs in general play as well with us having more energy in the middle and more creativity with him looking to get on the ball for us in deeper areas.

I think Iwobi’s time is up here. Many of the fans didn’t want him in just place and those fans have have just refused to really give him a chance whilst he hasn’t done anything like enough to win them over however I do feel someone might pinch him off us fairly cheap and get themselves someone who in time, will be a very good player.

I felt the same about Vlasic and Lookman (although we did get decent money for him). I also feared we were going to lose DCL at 1 point (someone I staunchly defended through the bad times) before his undoubted potential was realised.

I hope Iwobi doesn’t slip through the net as well.
And yet when he did get a start in his preferred position,he went missing.

And yet when he did get a start in his preferred position,he went missing.
You think so?? I thought his cameo there only enhanced his claim as an individual to be given further opportunity there.

I thought he was our best player by some way in the opening half an hour until the formation was changed. Admittedly it was a low bar as the team performance was appalling. He was moved as the formation wasn’t working but he himself was doing well, he was just badly let down by those around him.

We’ve been awful in 95% of the home games we’ve played. Iwobi’s 30 minutes in the middle v Burnley, when he was our best player and he did nothing wrong, is not the common denominator.

Status
Not open for further replies.