2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe that if an opportunity to sell him to raise funds then Carlo would sell him ,but I don't think Carlo would view his sale as a priority.
There is no doubt that Iwobi has failed to deliver on the project and potential that he has. He certainly has had some poor performances this season .

However, I do think Carlo likes him and I do think Iwobi has been asked by Carlo to play roles that are alien to him.

I thought he was alright in the first half against Spurs . I feel he is not going anywhere and I think we will see him playing for Everton for some time yet.
Don't honestly think we'd get much for him, he had a couple of decent games earlier on in the season where he did show the ability to get by a player but has now completely switched off and doesn't even appear to be interested.

Hes got to be used in a makeweight for someone...no one is outright buying him.

I just don't know who's going to take back those wages, though. I feel like this is going to devolve into an ugly series of loans for half his wages where we pray he finds some form somewhere, because he's done nothing to justify further minutes here.

I just don't know who's going to take back those wages, though. I feel like this is going to devolve into an ugly series of loans for half his wages where we pray he finds some form somewhere, because he's done nothing to justify further minutes here.
I think the ambition of the player himself is probably our best chance of selling Iwobi...if the manager wants to sell.

Iwobi is still young, a regular international and obviously feels he is not being played in his best position.

The right opportunity might tempt him to leave and to prove himself.
He might do much better in the less hectic Spanish or Italian leagues.

But you've completely forgot the 45 minutes at Fulham. Surely that warrants a contract extension.

I think the ambition of the player himself is probably our best chance of selling Iwobi...if the manager wants to sell.

Iwobi is still young, a regular international and obviously feels he is not being played in his best position.

It's not so much persuading him as persuading his agent to persuade him. In this environment, moving walks away from a lot of guaranteed money that may be very hard to recoup unless he somehow turns into a star, if not superstar.

I read ages ago that hes 'only' on a similar amount to Kean e.g £50-60k

Opinion seems to vary on that, with the preponderance as well as the average claiming his wages are more like 70-80k in pounds. Reliability on wages is fuzzy at best, as always.

Even at 50-60 it's questionable for the clubs we might sell to, though a lot of teams have a lot to do this summer. That may tend to drive prices and wages up a bit despite the likely imminent reduction to the value of the TV contract.

That may well be correct.
It isn't as if he was being chased by half a dozen clubs and it also wasn't as if he was playing every week for Arsenal.
A wage of 50k-60k at Everton could possibly have been a big increase on what he was on at Arsenal.
Still a big wage but maybe not impossible for a club to match or at least offer a long term contract, more or less similar money and maybe regular football.

It is of course the agent who will have a big influence but he won't want an unhappy footballer on his books either.

Status
Not open for further replies.