2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
United now have Greenwood too. Leicester have Barnes and Justin now. City with Foden and although they spent a fortune on him also Jesus had limited experience when he came into the team. Zinchenko too. RS are using that Jones lad a fair bit now. Different league but Davies was one of Bayern's best players in the CL run. I'm not saying teams are filled with them but it isn't some once in a blue moon thing.
Wolves also have (i think) something like 6 or 7 of their first team squad that are 21 or under.

Just after half time. Gets ball with loads of space. Chance to set tone for second half and go forward. There was no one within 20 yards of him out wide.

Turns back in and passes back. Everton that.
The whole lot bar james either stop and dwell or pass backwards as their first thought on the ball. End result is performances like this where its all so predictable.

The whole lot bar james either stop and dwell or pass backwards as their first thought on the ball. End result is performances like this where its all so predictable.
Yep.James looks for forward passes every ball. The rest are so slow. The Rondo drill we see on training clips is so slow compared to top teams. We play with the same intensity. Slow.

I cannot understand for the life of me how long we take to take throw in free kicks etc. Its from min 1. Slow. Zero intensity. And then allow team to gain confidence. They feed off our lack of willingness to speed up play.

Yep.James looks for forward passes every ball. The rest are so slow. The Rondo drill we see on training clips is so slow compared to top teams. We play with the same intensity. Slow.

I cannot understand for the life of me how long we take to take throw in free kicks etc. Its from min 1. Slow. Zero intensity. And then allow team to gain confidence. They feed off our lack of willingness to speed up play.
Problem is most of them couldn't trap a bag of cement too so zipping it around at speed just wouldn't work with this lot.

Disappointing today. I thought we missed his ball carrying against Leicester but today he offered very little.
In general hes on an upward trajectory but he keeps throwing in these type of performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.