2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not overly assed about his post to be honest.

But, saying 'oh all footballers do the same' is just not true.

Richie for one is very active on Instagram, but has never posted anything like that.

Proper man of the people is our Rich
Iwobi is one of those where you wouldn't necessarily know he was a professional footballer straight away by scanning through his Insta posts. He's more about the 'clout' than he is the sport, so to speak. There are other footballers whom are similar.. Moise Kean is to be honest.

As you say though, Richarlison is the other way around. 90% of his posts are football focussed.

Iwobi is one of those where you wouldn't necessarily know he was a professional footballer straight away by scanning through his Insta posts. He's more about the 'clout' than he is the sport, so to speak. There are other footballers whom are similar.. Moise Kean is to be honest.

As you say though, Richarlison is the other way around. 90% of his posts are football focussed.

Either football focussed or promoting some sort of charity or community work.

He may have someone managing his account to get the extra PR but I doubt it, he genuinely seems to be a good down to earth lad

Like I said in my original post I'm not overly assed by it personally.

But I can understand why it would rub people up the wrong way.

As fans we invest a lot emotionally in our team and players and try to have as much of a connection with them as possible.

Iwobi's posts show him to be a million miles away from your average working class fan, Richies posts show that he grew up humble and has never forgotten it.

So long as our players don't win anything but remind us of ourselves then we can be ok being Evertonians
It's nonesense

All footballers live lives a million miles away from the average working class fan

Richie is sound, but how many will think so when he leaves.

My point is we shouldn't care how they publicise their own private lives, regardless of performance on the pitch.

So long as our players don't win anything but remind us of ourselves then we can be ok being Evertonians
It's nonesense

All footballers live lives a million miles away from the average working class fan

My point is we shouldn't care how they publicise their own private lives, regardless of performance on the pitch.

People can care about whatever they want to.

He has published something a lot of people don't like, for legitimate reasons.

It isn't his private life if he is publishing it himself. He has literally put it in the public domain.

2020-07-31 (2).png

It's nonesense

But why would you not care about the personality / character of someone who is likely to be a hero for a lot of kids / people? Especially when they’re projecting that side on social media to millions

We definitely should care about that side IMO

I don’t care how much the lad has, in all honesty I say good luck to him as I certainly would if he was my son ,brother, friend.

I just think it’s a posers photo, like many on that site and others, that’s it.

Agreed, he can be the biggest poser in the world for all I care. Shouldn't bother us unless it was interfering with his performances, sadly though think they are separate issues.

Club needs to get back to basics, getting the right characters with the right attitudes who get better on the pitch over time.

Far too many like Iwobi not fitting this

Agreed, he can be the biggest poser in the world for all I care. Shouldn't bother us unless it was interfering with his performances, sadly though think they are separate issues.

Club needs to get back to basics, getting the right characters with the right attitudes
who get better on the pitch over time.

Far too many like Iwobi not fitting this

You have literally just said in your previous post that we shouldn’t be bothered about their character as long as they perform on the pitch haven’t you? o_O

But why would you not care about the personality / character of someone who is likely to be a hero for a lot of kids / people? Especially when they’re projecting that side on social media to millions

We definitely should care about that side IMO

A picture doesn't tell us anything about the fellas character or personality. His performances have told us that.
That platform is a highlight reel for people to pose on for likes and attention.
If that floats your boat, but regardless it's up to him irrespective of his performances for us - nothing about Everton on that picture, yet Evertonians are reconstructing and personalising it
IMO people need to get over it

Weird our fans yano.

You're telling me there isn't one poster on here, whos struggled at work, yet still went on holiday?

The fella isn't going to sit in a cold, dark windowless room just because we've struggled is he? It's 2020, further into Social Media society. He's a millionaire, and whether you like it or not, he's allowed to post pictures of what he does.

For clarity...
IMO
He can post what he wants On his social media
Buy what he wants
Do what he wants

...so long as every Evertonian is OK with it first.:oops:

Come on.

Weird our fans yano.

You're telling me there isn't one poster on here, whos struggled at work, yet still went on holiday?

The fella isn't going to sit in a cold, dark windowless room just because we've struggled is he? It's 2020, further into Social Media society. He's a millionaire, and whether you like it or not, he's allowed to post pictures of what he does.

Nobody here is saying he shouldn't go on holiday mate. The point is he has, after scoring one goal all season and being part of one of the worst teams we have had in years thought it was a smart idea to pose for a photo showing off his immense wealth. If it was a picture of him eating an icecream at an all inclusive in tenerife I don't think anyone would be arse, but he's basically been one of the worst players we've had this season and thinks it's ok to rub peoples face in his obscene wealth after that AND at a time when people still can't visit family and people have lost their jobs.

He's not evil, it's just really tone deaf and stupid behavior.

For clarity...
IMO
He can post what he wants On his social media
Buy what he wants
Do what he wants

...so long as every Evertonian is OK with it first.:oops:

Come on.

I still don’t get your point tho mate.

Of course he can buy / do what he wants. Nobody is saying he can’t.

But there is nothing wrong with people being turned off by him being a poser either.

He plays for the club that we all support and the majority of fans would rather players for our clubs were down to earth fellas rather than posers

Status
Not open for further replies.