2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another terrible signing. Lets hope we can unload him onto Palace. They might think that
they are capable of refinding his mojo.

He is too slow and heavy as a winger, not clever or hardworking enough to be a midfielder, is he best on the left or right? Nobody knows but EFC lashed out 50 millioms in total investment on him. Amazing.

At least we know that Delph is a midfielder but Iwobi?

I think the post and the reaction shows whats wrong with society. Nobody should give a toss if he is going on holiday one way or the other.
I am not so sure about that, I think there would be a different reaction if it were Digne or Richarlison that were in the picture.
Supporters invest so much of their lives in their clubs that it can be hard to see somebody who has profited hugely, has not performed terribly well and seems to be flaunting his wealth for all to see.

Personally, it doesn't bother me apart from not having as good a player as I had hoped for, but I can understand why people are ubhappy.

I'm not overly assed about his post to be honest.

But, saying 'oh all footballers do the same' is just not true.

Richie for one is very active on Instagram, but has never posted anything like that.

Proper man of the people is our Rich

Fair point.
But because one chooses to keep that side of his life more private than another makes no difference
It's their respective choice.
Hate on Iwobi for being a [Poor language removed] footballer fine but because he has a nice car, and getting on a jet... who's arsed.

Seems some are offended because rich fella has nice rich things and is putting this on his social media. All of that is separate to his performances for us, people need to get a life.

I don’t care how much the lad has, in all honesty I say good luck to him as I certainly would if he was my son ,brother, friend.

I just think it’s a posers photo, like many on that site and others, that’s it.

Fair point.
But because one chooses to keep that side of his life more private than another makes no difference
It's their respective choice.
Hate on Iwobi for being a [Poor language removed] footballer fine but because he has a nice car, and getting on a jet... who's arsed.

Like I said in my original post I'm not overly assed by it personally.

But I can understand why it would rub people up the wrong way.

As fans we invest a lot emotionally in our team and players and try to have as much of a connection with them as possible.

Iwobi's posts show him to be a million miles away from your average working class fan, Richies posts show that he grew up humble and has never forgotten it.

I don’t care how much the lad has, in all honesty I say good luck to him as I certainly would if he was my son ,brother, friend.

I just think it’s a posers photo, like many on that site and others, that’s it.

This is the other thing.

A lot of people (myself included) can't stand posers.

Doesn't matter if youre famous or the average Joe.....being a poser is a big turn off for a lot of people

This is the other thing.

A lot of people (myself included) can't stand posers.

Doesn't matter if youre famous or the average Joe.....being a poser is a big turn off for a lot of people

Exactly, I never even mentioned the lads financial situation in the first place. There are people I know personally who are like that and don’t have that sort of income Iwobi has or anywhere near and it gets twisted as being bitter towards anyone who’s rich which is asinine.

Seems some are offended because rich fella has nice rich things and is putting this on his social media. All of that is separate to his performances for us, people need to get a life.

More the fact he’s stealing a living for that luxurious lifestyle, obviously not his fault. I’m not on social media personally but if I was following the likes of Ronaldo or Messi Id expect them to do this type of thing over someone who has done nothing in his footballing career and continues to do nothing after doubling his salary.

It’s his life and he can do what he wants, not sure how it helps his brand though as mentioned earlier. “Alex Iwobi, average premier league footballer who has done nothing of note in his whole career, on thousands per week, after a terrible season at Everton, shows off his luxurious motor and private jet prior to his getaway holiday” top class brand exposure that.

Status
Not open for further replies.