2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as he came in off the wing he looked much better. Second half he played well. He's never a winger though, too slow and hangs on to the ball too long. Can he play in the centre in our system is the question? Gomes and Davies were poor today, so I'd certainly give it a go for a couple of the dead rubbers we've got coming up.

As soon as he came in off the wing he looked much better. Second half he played well. He's never a winger though, too slow and hangs on to the ball too long. Can he play in the centre in our system is the question? Gomes and Davies were poor today, so I'd certainly give it a go for a couple of the dead rubbers we've got coming up.

Yeah, the change of shape really helped him.

As with Sunday, Coleman was tucking in as a 3rd centre half effectively in attack and defence leaving iwobi with no option to play anything other than a kinda of right wing back role.

When we changed to a more traditional shape with both full backs providing width and support in attack this allowed iwobi to drift inside and pick up the pockets of space, which Norwich left all over the left side. Which led to him having a fine performance in the 2nd half.

Doesn't help that we don't keep possession as a team, so we can't beat him with that stick too much, but if he could simplify things, focus on keeping possession and showing when it's on... no idea what I'm talking about really

He was one of our better players second half. Thought he did ok. He's pacy and can get the ball out of his feet. He's not a right mid though but there's something there

I'm not sure who that deadlocked fella was in the number 10 position second half but if he could play every week he's be pretty useful for us. Awful first half, very good second!

Status
Not open for further replies.